Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Happy leap day of extra Febuary blog time

Wow I'm cutting it close. Currently I'm at an internet cafe near Yonge and Finch after doing some kareoke business for Cool Geoff's birthday. I had considered copy paste-ing my conversation with "cleverbot" this morning as my last post, similar to my conversation with "Martine", but I decided that'd be lame. Though technically the cleverbot chat was more chatlike in appearance.

According to wikipedia, cleverbot is a program that takes what people say to it, the senetences used, and learns from them, applying those sentences to future sentences as responses. Essentially, whatever I typed to it was responded to with what a previous user had said to clever bot.

At least, that was my understanding.

When I was directed to check out the cleverbot, I was told it would sound much more convincingly human than it actually was. So that was a let down. Almost immediately in our talk it replied with something totally out of left field. So yeah.

Well, my ride seems to be done with the rest of kareoke times, so I'll post this as is, fulfilling my quota for the month and keeping my terrible fear of uneven-ness at bay.

No comments:

Post a Comment