Monday, February 6, 2012

Allons-y

Man I am pumped!
Well I was pumped-
Weeell I still am pumped-
Weeeeeeell I'm just starting to feel the end of another 12 hour shift, at the end of another three day jumble of late night sitting behind a deskness.

It flew by. Why? Finally got the fourth series of Doctor Who from the library, finally have my own laptop, have a good three hours each night where I'm free to do whatever so long as I'm at the ol' desk. Don't need to draw a picture now, do I?

(I watched Doctor Who all this weekend)

But the last episode was a little longer than I expected- I had to leave and go home with the last ten or so minutes to go on the final episode! They JUST save all of reality, they JUST get to explain the process by which Donna gets Doctor intellect/becomes a fast talking walking deus ex machina, and now I'm all set for the part where it's the Doctor and Rose! That's the part!

I feel like Rose's actress, Billie Piper, must have had some dental work done while she's been off the show, because she looks and sounds a bit off, like she's got a mouth guard mimicing her old teeth. She always sounded a little different, but this is a bit much. It makes me think that that one affectation, of Rose always sort of licking her teeth, was a sort of natural defense mechanism for a self conscious Billie, who wanted to hide away her teeth. Maybe, maybe not.

But oh, it's good to watch a character with a bit of imitatable enthusiasm. It helps that I've been jam packed with food over the weekend, reckon I must often be a little on the run down side of things, calorie wise. Though the buckets of pasta (almost literal buckets!) were probably in excess if my gass-ness is anything to go by.

The point is I feel pretty great at the moment, I felt even better a bit earlier, but beggars really can't be choosers, and I'm going to finish this last bit of episode and I guess fall asleep, then wake up, finish my comic reviews (procrastinated again, but not nearly as bad as I have lately, and I have been working against the clock as far as watching an entire season of Doctor Who before it was due back at the library), hit the gym, and have a generally decent day at least.

Oh, the part where Martha Jones got to finally see Rose and be all "THAT'S the person that had the Doctor all tore up inside while I was with him!" actually, yes, gave me goosebumps, which is a pretty good reaction to get!

Man, I couldn't imagine saying some of that Doctor Who stuff with a straight face: "We're now at ULTIMATE code red."

Sure buddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment