Friday, February 24, 2012

The IMPORTANT thing is...

Watching the Daily Show (and inevitably the Colbert Report) so this post will take a long time to happen in between loading section things.

Let's pretend I'm still eating these Tim Hortons breakfast wrap things. I decided to treat myself via gift card this morning. Wait, no, I was right the first time when I almsot spelled that wrong: "I decided to treat myself via gift card this marnin."

But I should have gotten the delicious biscuit sandwich. Why do I always forget that there's a sauce business in the wrap that is less than enjoyable, whereas the biscuit is buttery and delicious? The very reasonable answer is that I don't get tim hortons stuff that often. So, okay. Makes sense.

Lost my left glove, probably on the transit trip :(

The OTHER thing that happened on my way to work yesterday was that immediately after leaving the house this kid was walking in the opposite direction, i.e. walking towards me. Good looking guy, but I don't recognise him. He waves at me. I STILL don't recognise him, so I look behind me to see if there's someone else there he's waving at. The AMAZING thing is, this kid actually says to me "no, I'm waving at you."

I say, "oh, okay" and wave back, friendly as you please, then walk on (I am on my way to work after all). But I stop and call back to him, and say, "'cause it's like that part in the first Spider-Man movie when this girl waves at Peter Parker, and he waves back, but she was actually waving at her friend behnd him, and it was super embarrassing."

I think he agreed, I kinda forget now... I guess I zoned out when I started talking. But the kid turned in to the house (as opposed to "turned into the house") the next one over from my place, so he's the neighbors kid that I'd only ever seen like twice, when it was dark, with a dog. Keep in mind that's twice in what, five years?

Seems like a nice guy though!

Did you hear about the movie posters for Goon with Jay Baruchel doing that one, for lack of any decently descriptive slang, cunnilingus motion, with the tongue between the index and middle fingers? (at least, I'm pretty sure that's what that is, it's very possible I've been tricked all these years, it hasn't really come up all that often...)

But yeah, the posters were taken down the day before the movie was released. And not that I was particularly offended or anything, but I've gotta ask, what took so long? The second I saw that poster by a bus stop I said "whoever approves these ads clearly fell asleep at the wheel, or isn't up on their gesture-ology."

I'm heavily paraphrasing here. According to the one thing I read, Baruchel was surprised, suggesting that it would have been culturally acceptable dans la Quebec. Or possibly he was specific enough to say Montreal (which is, I shouldn't have to point out, less space than the whole of Quebec... but maybe he did say Quebec) regardless, I'm really doubtful on that one, guy. Just because none of your friends mind it, that's a pretty big difference from the man on the street. Unless the man on the street also doesn't know what you're up to. Very likely.

Or wait, is it? How do I know how long these gestures have been around?

Anyways, the important thing is, that kid who waved to me was really nice, and I lost a glove.

No comments:

Post a Comment