Tuesday, June 8, 2010

okay, and title, and... what next...

A bunch of things I want to get done today, which naturally means that none of them will get done, or at least not fully. Case in point, I wanted to make a little cartoon to post here, but I don't think I'll have the time, but I still wanted to post something so here I am.

It's frustrating how much of my time is separated into working and sleeping right now- and that the most eventful stuff is happening during the sleeping. I dreamed the saddest thing possible a couple nights ago. And last night, during the four hours spent sleeping on the couch after work but obviously before moving to my bed, I dreamt I became a cop that had no set agenda through the day and couldn't work his increasingly complicated, science fiction-y gun.

I spend most of my days, when not counting stock items, considering conversation and how my staff continue it when they haven't done anything in the time between last meeting with each other. They don't generally have anything in common, excepting of course a love of drunken misadventures and gossiping, which means they have two things more in common with each other than I have with them...

To be clear, they're all pretty nice people (basically everyone is nice to me, it helps that I don't give anyone a reason not to be- an unusual strategy. A key trick is to not ask anything of people- I aim for self reliance. And have a definite weakness is regards to delegation) I'm just having difficulty relating.
Which is how I feel with most people, actually. That bothers me sometimes.

You know I'd never seen all of "Rocky" before? I'd seen the end of the training montage, and I'd seen the actual fight at the end- both parts worth the price of admission right there if it wasn't free already- but I finally sat down last week and caught it on tv. 30 minutes in my youngest brother asks me if I'll drive him someplace- to which I responded with a "NooooOOOOO! NO!"

So I didn't, and I watched, and do you know what this movie is about for me?
It's about taking all the information you've got, and chucking it away on a chance.

The best example for me is when Mick comes up to Rocky's apartment and offers to be his manager- Rocky kicks him out because where was Mick ten years ago when Rocky was starting out? Mick's there now because of this one great chance at the championship?
Rocky ignores Mick until he leaves, then Rocky, alone in his room, gets so angry that he's yelling every hurt that he's feeling by being asked as Mick slowly goes down the stairs and walks away.

Then all we see is Rocky go outside and agrees to let Mick be his manager, we don't even hear the words.

Okay, that's good. If I do manage to draw a little cartoon, I'll post it up here later.

No comments:

Post a Comment