Thursday, June 24, 2010

A prologue mentioning some stuff I'll be happy to write about tomorrow AFTER sleep. And not before.

What a country- by which I mean day.

I set my alarm for work, but instead of 6:15 I set it for 9:15... but that's the opposite of getting up in time for work!
Glancing at the clock in a satisfied daze I saw it was 8:40-ish- and was immediately awake! Threw on some clothes, grabbed my toothbrushing gear and a bag of almonds and hopped in the car to work.

I usually take the TTC to work, an hour and ten minute commute at least, but I got to work in just over 15 minutes- there was no traffic going downtown, it was fantastic. And just like that I'm suddenly a fan of the G20- sound cannons you say? Hmm, do they help me get to work faster in any way?

So my late to work/absentee leading fears where relatively groundless, my co-team leader was at work, so I could ultimately have just called in and not worried at all (how am I supposed to remember someone else's schedule? I can't even set my alarm right!) and I was only twenty minutes late myself. That's especially good considering fifteen of those minutes are usually spent waiting for my staff.

I was feeling pretty gross though- I can't do the no shower thing before leaving the house. Okay, well, clearly I can, I just did today, but it sucks and leaves me thoroughly uncomfortable in my own skin. Was much better after I zipped off to brush my teeth though.

Anyway, it was super unbusy at work, so I got to leave after three hours, did NOT have to pay for parking (I want to talk about that later, but I'm going to wait until tomorrow for that) got to listen to the "Nineties Nooner" on 102.1 fm for the relaxed drive home, fill up with supreme for the price of regular (thanks guys, don't know why you'd do that if you've sold out of your regular wares... unless it's a tacit admission that you're fleecing us. In which case: Thanks guys!
While walking out to the car, I had to call my co workers whom I'd just left to inform them that my eating of pie was imminent. I can rub things in sometimes. Trust me, when I do it it's both hilarious and adorable, ask anyone (not my brothers).

I was also super excited to get to work on my comic reviews at a decent time... but even then it turned out I was a little tired, so after my shower (you KNOW I had one the second I got home) BAM three hour nap.

Ah yes, that's a negative, that reminds me, after my nap my eyes had a rough time focusing, I may not have fully been ready to wake up, or maybe it's getting to be time for a new perscription.

Completed a monster set of reviews, which touched on several topics of interest that I'll be happy to make an article about later, either here or for somewhere else that wouldn't mind the stuff. But then again I also want to write some about these Marvel/DC crossovers I'm reading right now, particularly the Crossover between Batman and Daredevil versus the Batman and Spider-Man crossover, what works between them, what doesn't, what subverts expectation, etc.

Now that's an article I'd REALLY have trouble getting out there- the subject matter (i.e. the individual issues in question) came out a good 13 years ago (a conservative estimate, mind you) so, yeah, that's me, commenting on things the public truly cares about.

Whatever, I think it's interesting!

Hmm, maybe that wasn't such a cool day by your standards, but for me it was.

Whatever, I think it was cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment