Saturday, June 19, 2010

It's 3am, the mat on the doorway says baaby

"That's what you get when you let your heart in- wooh-oh-o-oh-ooh"
Or sometimes "that's what you get when you let your love in- wooh-oh-o-oh-ooh"

That's a lyric that will sometimes get stuck in my head, like now. I couldn't tell you the name of the band that sings it, or the name of the song, or even which the correct lyric is. None of which matters, knowing those things would probably lessen the impact or personal effect of the "replaying song stuck in head" phenomena.

Not feeling great tonight, it's that kind of feeling you get when you're burdened with some horrible secret except you don't even know what that secret is and couldn't articulate it to share even if you had the chance. Got a ride to the subway and the radio was playing something about Afghanistan and how I'm an idiot for not knowing something they didn't feel inclined to teach me about, instead the speakers just interrupted each other a bunch of times while creating a tense knot inside me.

Went to my friend's performance at the 'Comfort Zone' tonight where I continued to be stuck in my own head, thinking in circles until my forehead actually furrowed. Who has the time to furrow these days? Fortunately something aroused my interest, I can't even recall who, but it got me considering the lives of others and outside myself, and is overall a far more positive place to be at.

Can I use arouse in a sentece without eliciting titters from the peanut gallery? Of course I can- peanuts can't titter. They're peanuts. They just wear monocles.

Had tomorrow earmarked for a special project, hopefully I can follow through on it, but my time is often not my own. I'm sure you can relate.

Would talk about the new staff at work, but what if one of them adds me to Facebook, combs through my interests, links over to this site, and reads all about themselves??
Naturally, I have only bad things to say about you. I mean them.

Well, it's late, and I feel better, and I'm getting tired, so it's just about time to close up shop.

P.S.- This lousy thing wouldn't control copy from word to this page, so I had to retype the whole thing again. I don't know why that happened, I've done it before. Really slows down the whole getting to bed thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment