Wednesday, June 30, 2010

I made it! It's lame though...

Just got home a few minutes ago- it's 11:14pm June 30.

This is it, post the eleventh- that which I'd been working so hard to achieve this past week.

Eh, so that's it? No magic portal opens to "(my first impulse was to say Terabithia- which is a reference to a book I've never read, and I am no way certain I spelled that right. There are a bunch of options here... what's the galaxy or star system or whatever that Flash Gordon goes to? Can we pretend I said that?)"

The important thing is that everything is nice and symmetrical.

Okay, but let's still talk about something before I have to send this thing into the ether.

Oh, I know, I was basically stuck in a cartoon on the way home, sitting across from this adorable couple playing sudoku and looking happy, and more importantly this one guy with an amazing jaw line that couldn't be real- and I'm not talking about an exaggerated masculinity to it, the only thing I can think of to describe it is it's like a birds head- the beak represents the chin, but not quite so pointed- with a human face tattooed on it.

Quick note, because whenever I'm writing I always recheck the definitions of words, even if for no other reason than to check my spelling- tattoo, as in inked markings on your body, was for a secondary definition of the word.

The first tattoo had the definition:
1) a signal on a drum, bugle or trumpet at night, for soldiers or sailors to go to their quarters
2) a knocking or strong pulsation
3) an outdoor military pageant or display


I found that interesting.

One of my staff today wondered if I was one of those kids that could never stop talking. My wanting to keep typing to flesh out this random 11th post would seem to support this idea- but I did point out that I get paid to keep those guys motivated. Which I do with joking. Fortunately most of my audience/staff seem to laugh, whether or not I made any sense.

I don't know about you, but I want some dinner- it's midnight! Almost, anyways.

Anyway, I better quit now, before something happens and this doesn't post before the date change.

Hopefully I can avoid being this last minute crazy next month.

No comments:

Post a Comment