Friday, June 25, 2010

How to save money on parking

Heard this on the radio the other day, and am taking the oppourtunity to look at the lyrics and set them down, the first step to actually learning them. It's actually surprisingly short:

Another turning point
A fork stuck in the road

Time grabs you by the wrist
Directs you where to go

So make the best of this test
And don't ask why

It's not a question
But a lesson learned in time

It's something unpredictable
But in the end is right
I hope you had the time of your life

So take the photographs
And still frames in your mind

Hang it on the shelf
In good health and good time

Tattoos of memories
And dead skin on trial

For what it's worth
It was worth all the while

It's something unpredictable
But in the end is right
I hope you had the time of your life

Tatoos of memories and dead skin on trial? Not sure I've got that fully figured out, but I like the song anyway. It was on the radio the other day during my nice drive home, and it reminded me I should finally figure out the words if I like it so much. Which is basically what I just did.

Anyways, one other thing I wanted to mention about that day was that I didn't have to shell out the $12 for parking, I was going to, but I was visited by an occasional mantra of mine- ask and you shall receive.

That doesn't always occur to me, I suppose because of how close it comes to asking for help, but it is good advice. When I do think about it it's accompanied by the memory (however accurate it may be at this point- I acknowledge it may have become jumbled over time) of me not selling... oranges? as part of a school fundraiser, and after the fact my dad says to me that if I had mentioned it I could have made an arrangement with him to supply some Christmas hampers? I think that's how it goes anyways. The important thing is that I created a large hurdle for myself by keeping my mouth shut.

So every once in a while I remember that, and I'll save 12 bucks on parking.

No comments:

Post a Comment