Friday, August 19, 2011

It's been 2 months and (what day is it?) 18 days since my last hair cut

Just past 3am and I need to get to work on my comic reviews.

But I've only got 5 books this week, as opposed to the 11(!!) from last week. So that helps.

I stayed up all last night playing Persona 3 (that's the game that came before the really cool Persona 4, of which I've written about before here) so I was in the exact same spot when my bro woke up as when he left me that night.

So I drove him to the dentist!

This is all leading to something, me taking the chance to stop off at a first choice haircutters for... uh a hair cutting.

I thought I'd be in and out, but I hadn't counted on the line ups of little girls wanting, and I quote, "Rapunzel hair".

Sure, it was cute but I'd rather not encourage a love of hair extensions at 5 years old.

Aaah I know I know I'd make a terrible father. Have to paint the nursery pink and buy dollies.

Oh they should make a "Dolly" - a plush version of that first cloned sheep. That'd be cool.

So one of the stylists was trying to process the sale of said hair extensions, and another person stops her, pointing out that she can't use the same code for each item, that the different colours have their own codes, and you're messing up the inventory numbers for the end of the night.

Makes sense. So the first stylist re-entered the sale, but did the exact same thing.

No, see - INVENTORY!!

Oh. OOOOOH! Gotcha!
(Does the same thing)

Long story short, I was crossing my fingers that I would get some other stylist. Any other stylist.

Naturally, I did get her. My fears were not put at ease when she cut herself on the clippers. She says to her associate "It's okay, I just have a little pattern now."

And I just thought how I was in store for a communicable disease. All I wanted was a hair cut!

I normally just get the clippers on the sides and back, little trim up top (not a whole lot to trim after all)- in and out, easy peasy lemon squeezy, as the kids say.

But this one took forever, I gotta hand it to the lady, she was meticulous. And rough, I've never had clippers pull on my head so hard before. Or the scissors. And she just kinda roughed me up a bunch grabbing hair to trim up top too.

She used some "volumizer and..." okay, I forget the second thing, but my head has smelled like a super salon ever since I left the place, and it kinda sucks. Usually they'd ask about whether I wanted some extra junk in my hair (no thanks).

But like I said, she was meticulous, AND she didn't kill me. So I tipped her two dollars.

Following this was a not-so-quick trip to Wal-Mart where I grabbed 16 items. What. Is. My. Problem?!

15 items or less, Isaac! And you didn't even end up eating those chips today!

After waiting in a regular line that wasn't really moving at all, a group of us were sent to the express line regardless of how many items we had. I can only presume this was because of justice.

I was asked whether I wanted to donate to the something something, I said "sure, uh, is two bucks okay?" and the woman at the register looked REALLY happy about it.

Do Wal-Mart employees get paid off some kind of charity commission? Who did I donate to exactly? An elaborate tip jar?

The point of this story is that I'm a generous, generous man. Feel free to not disagree.

No comments:

Post a Comment