Monday, August 15, 2011

2011 fanexpo update

I did a poor job of resting up this weekend. In trying to work with my craaazy schedule I'd stay up past the point that I was tired, and it'd invariably be daylight (because that's how it works) and I'd stay up for several hours more.

I've been approved for my media pass at fan expo this year, but for whatever reason it won't allow me access on Saturday. Losing one day out of four isn't that bad, except with my work Saturday was going to be the best day for me to go.

As it stands it'll go something like this: Work on Wednesday from 6pm to 6am, get to sleep at around 8am, wake up a little after noon to get down for the 2pm first day of fan expo, take some notes, grab some freebies, then at 5pm head onto the subway to get to work for 6pm to 6am... go home, sleep at 8 then try to get up relatively early because if there's going to be any decent DC panels that aren't on Saturday they'll be here (I still haven't seen any schedule of events, so I haven't figured out where I'm going and for what).

I was thinking about simply buying myself a Saturday ticket, but a) that would suck, and b) I've gotta sleep sometime.

And then I get to go Sunday, but liesurely, seeing as I got to sleep most of Saturday.

Also not taken into account here is when I'd find the opportunity to do my weekly comic reviews... I'd better definitely ask if it's possible to pick up my books on the Tuesday instead of the regular Wednesday, I thought I heard that my store has them early, but that seems crazy to me. Very useful if true.

A buddy asked me if I was going to the speed dating at the expo, something I was entirely unaware of, but apparently everyone else in the room I was in all knew the score "oh, yeah, that's a thing this year."

I'm really behind the curve on this- I know there'll be speed dating and portfolio reviews, that's about it. I should do some research.

Anyways, I'm tempted to sign up for the dating thing, it'd be cool to meet some more people that are interested in comic stuff (most people I know... aren't). I don't know, I probably won't do it, it's not as though I've got a lot of time that weekend where I'll be fully lucid.

In other news, I hurt my wrist a week or two ago (not really sure how long ago, it FEELS like forever), but it seems to finally be almost 100%. Wrists seriously take FOREVER to heal!

2 comments:

  1. From what I know, most comic stores are getting their books in on Tuesdays since about half a year ago; but it's pretty illegal to sell them on Tuesday. Sorta like with breaking movie/game street dates I believe there are some pretty big fines.

    ReplyDelete
  2. innteresting.

    and deja vu activating

    ReplyDelete