Thursday, August 11, 2011

Almost gave you a REALLY irrelevant title. Woulda been somewhat arty and cool. Simon and Garfunkel lyric. About spices. Didn't fit any theme here.

Not sure what triggered it, maybe just same as ever ruminations on mortality, but as I was driving along, stopped at an interminable bit of traffic, I thought about how one way or another there will come a day when I can't see anymore. (To be clear, my eyes are perfectly healthy thank you)

I opened myself to the world, greedily drinking in the sights, letting it rush into me. The greens were greener, the details a little crisper, and I just plum got to appreciate that the world can be a really beautiful place.

It IS a beautiful place.

There's supposed to be a meteor shower this weekend- I'll be awake anyway- I'm going to do my best to see some of the show!

(I tend to forget to watch out for astrological phenomena- fingers crossed!)

I think I freaked out this one lady a bit when I answered a couple of questions about my life really honestly, instead of skirting the issue. It was the most awkward anyone has ever been offering me gum. Like I was starring in an episode of Casper the friendly Ghost.

Man that show sucks.

Also, bad analogy, he does a lot of things, but I've never seen that Casper chew gum.

Just take names. (I wish.)

***

My left wrist has been bugging me lately- too much weight on it. It's a little better today than yesterday, but I've really got to remember to stop picking things up with that arm. I got my bro to carry my juice for me, so a good start.

Yes yes, I could have switched hands on that one.

Anyways, I'm going to go read some comics before bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment