Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Breaking magnetism

So Saturday I didn't hit up the Expo, but helped my friend move some stuff to his new place.

In trying (and ultimately failing) to take apart his computer desk, our first hurdle was changing the head piece on the magnetic tip screw driver.

It wasn't coming off!

So I pull and turn and struggle, with all my great strength, to no avail.

Everyone gives it a shot, ala the sword in the stone style. No good.

This is crazy- did we break magnetism??

So I have it again, and no, tugging with an adjustable wrench ALSO didn't get the job done.

So I'm looking at it, and I say that "turning is no good 'cause of the whole octagonal design. Locked in. It's gotta be pulled out"- and in a half paying attention little tug, it comes out.

(To be clear, we had CERTAINLY tried pulling it straight out, we're not crazy/dumb, but maybe we didn't get the "straight" part as exactly right as we'd thought)

Anyways, this was hilarious, we all had a good long laugh at the situation (and solution).

We spent quite some time on that desk, taking it outside to see whether it'd fit in the car (it wouldn't) and whether we could take it apart (we couldn't... for the most part. There were some crazy screw bolt things that had stymied us- until my brother Jordan, whom we always make fun of for lack of handiness, gets two of them out! It... it was crazy! So props for that one.)

But yeah, we had to drag the thing back inside.

And then with what stuff we did drive over to the new place, there were only two parking spots available, and they were a tight fit no matter how you look at it. So I climbed out of my window to get out.

Yes, I could've gone out the other sides door, but that's no fun. And so you don't think that I just super sucked at parking (though I usually do kinda suck at parking) even on the side that wasn't super close to the other car, that other side you could still only barely open the doors. In fact only the back door on the passenger side could be opened. Which was perfect, since that was where all the stuff I needed to get out was resting. Well, there and the trunk.

Okay, just wanted to get that recorded, because it was funny, and also, if I didn't do this now I'd have run out of time for posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment