Sunday, March 6, 2011

A brief inter(net)lude. <- that just looks weird. I should probably erase that. It's fine.

Looking out the back window, I see my beloved orange sky, a thin freshly fallen layer of snow (all day it had been raining and around 7 degrees), the trees are shaking awesomely in the wind and a lamp post is flickering erratically on and off.

Not many more nights like this left for this winter.

So, take the good with the bad.

Though thinking about it now, 11ish to almost 5am is about 6 hours sleep, so not too bad tonight- but for the past while I've been having a rough time sleeping through the night, leaving me drained for the next day. I tried to remedy this last wednesday by walking out to pick up my comics (as opposed to driving)- even at the height of my powers, running to and from the store is an hour and ten minutes of exercise- I'm abominably far from the height of my powers, so this trip was longer still.

But yes, instead of helping me sleep that night it just left me even more physically drained for the next two days.

Ran into an old friend today- he looked tired, worried, and kinda... old. I'm worried about the guy- which is great in the sense that it makes me forget my troubles for a second.

News on the personal writing front: the comic blog I'd talked about starting up with Jimmy has transmogrified a bit- you know I write weekly reviews over at mondomagazine.net, right? Well, that site is splintering into a new comics focused site, where the regular writers (plus Jimmy) are each gaining "editor" status/power and we'll be in charge of our own stuff. This is actually a pretty sweet turn of events- any legitimacy and readers we have from Mondo will presumably follow us to the new site, not to mention the web acumen of the Mondo staff helping out my cyber lameness.

Instead of just weekly reviews, I'm also going to do an article on old issues of the Superboy series, an article on comics that were influential to me growing up (there's mostly just the first article that's crossover between those two topics), plus "Random Reviews" taking a comic I'm not usually following and giving it a read, and I'm sure there'll be other stuff as well.

I'll also take the unusual track of self promoting the new site- posting the link on facebook whenever I update and the like. Maybe that'd be the whole of it, but yeah, that may get us SOME additional traffic.

As opposed to my quietly writing here, in my private corner of the universe.com.

Cool, well, let's get back to bed. I'll try not to dream of me sleeping on a cot/hamock in an old house. If for no other reason than it's depressing (and yet more exhausting) to dream of trying to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment