Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Tracer John Leguizamo is the man. Just because of his name.

Had a security job interview today, for the next week starting Friday I'll be standing around trying to look spiffy at an Apple store, or an i-Apple store or whatever the place is.

I've been inside that kind of store MAYBE twice.

So I've got this, then my other conversation on facebook right now, where I'm emphasizing my out of touchness with technology. Pfft- technology never did nuthin' for nobody. Ain't that right Artoo?

*DOOP DOOP DOO WEE BOO DOOP*

That's right. Targeting computers are for nerfherders.

My main movie buddy and I went to see Limitless and The Lincoln Lawyer yesterday. Let me tell you one thing, Limitless was pretty popular, a very crowded theatre. I liked it a lot, but you could tell the whole thing was just the writer wishing he could find some super drug that made him brilliant-er (Because "it works better if you're already smart"), to erase the excuses that get in the way of his genius.

So, easily getting past the wish fulfillment, very fun movie.

The Lincoln Lawyer was also fun, but more in a "ifthepartyofthefirstpartagreestodiscontinuetheactionsofthepartyofthesecondpartthenIcangoaboutgatheringtheevidencetoeventuallyproceedwithfilingthemotionforaninjunctionagainstYOU!"

oh-SNAP!

But the best part was at the end, discussing the movie, and not knowing pretty much any of the characters names. The result was:

-So, who was Lincoln Lawyer talking to that time?

-Moustache Investigator William H. Macy

-Because of the actions of Evil/Jerk Ryan Phillippe (which we shortened down to just "Ryan Phillippe" because in every movie I've ever seen him in he's always evil/jerk, so that was redundant)

But the greatest name, and also the first one to get made up (this one definitely by me) was Tracer John Leguizamo, because he was in charge of the ankle tracer thing.

Why was Lincoln Lawyer roughing up Tracer John Leguizamo? Didn't he know he could trust him?

Fun.

Visited my grandparents today, Mor Mor recognized us, but she doesn't talk much anymore. She hasn't REALLY been able to hear much for the last decade, but that was fine because I could just listen to whatever she wanted to say. That strategy hasn't been effective for almost three years now. Man that hurts.

Grandpa's at his home resting after his surgery- he had 59 staples straight across his belly, and you can tell he's feeling vunerable. This is probably the least mobile he's ever been, and that's a big deal to an independant guy like him.

The doc says his insides are in pristine condition ("that's clean living for you") so that's something.

He apparently loved the card that we sent him a bit ago, so that's good.

Grandpa's place- where Bare Naked Ladies is a crazy name for a band and Rebecca Black isn't even close to a name he'd have heard. If I hadn't spoiled it.

Mia culpa.

No comments:

Post a Comment