Monday, February 28, 2011

Posted this without a title. My bad.

Well, that's disappointing.

I just looked through a cool photo series (at http://irinawerning.com/back-to-the-fut/back-to-the-future/) about recreating old pictures with the same subjects 20- 30 years after the fact. I was going to suggest it specifically to a friend of mine to check, but then retreated.

I had trouble sleeping last night, mostly because I was excited to start a job today. Only a few hours of rest, but I still woke up in direct competition with the alarm clock. I had a big breakfast. I made a PB+J sandwich for lunch.

I got a ride down, I was 20 minutes early so I could be 15 minutes early and look like a genius (apparently, if you're 15 minutes early for work all the time, you're golden. I'm not nuts about it, but I'm getting with that program. At least today.).

I introduced myself to a few people. Hung up my coat. Then walked out with the, I don't know, floor manager, so that we could take a seat outside for him to tell me I DIDN'T have a job.

New management, new rules, I feel terrible about this.

So back into the store I go, to pick up my coat.

"With an unexpectedly free day, a metropass good for a few hours yet, and a sandwich to my name, what should I do now?"

I thought about calling up some people to hang out with, but didn't do that either.

It's been a year and eleven days since I've started this thing, writing this "blog" I mean. I still don't care for that word. What have I learned about myself? I don't know. I still like my goofy jokes. So that's something.

AAAAAUGHSKDGHDKNBAKLNGLKNSLG. There we go, I can deal with that degree of freaking out. It's better than whatever sentence I was going to try.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear about the job. If it's any consolation at all, know your story, and writing was well paced and it was easy to be empathic towards the experience you recounted. I hope things have improved for you since then.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Cool Geoff- I only just saw your comment now, sorry about that. But then again, I just saw you like six hours ago. So that's good.
    And we had a pretty good dinner, so that's also good.

    ReplyDelete