Thursday, March 24, 2011

Driving and errands. Yes, errands does remind me of the word almonds. Good point.

Busy day, downtown for an interview in name only, the guy took one look at me and went ahead and told me that I shouldn't cover for the other guy that slacks off. And I filled out paperwork.

Got a nametag (licence # tag) engraved at the Fairview mall ($10), picked up some library comics while waiting for said engraving, then picked up some work/cargo pants at Marks work warehouse (about $45), then got some steel toed black boots, very awesome with their electrical insulation too, like a utility belt for my feet (probably like $70) and I got some new socks because seriously, my heels get cold- not really, but I need new socks.

And I got yogurt, pizza, and juice.

So I'm back to no money- hope this work thing tomorrow goes well.

I like running all over (by which I mean driving), running errands and whatnot. It's cool, time with my radio and a sense of purpose. Plus there's that degree of problem solving involved, figuring the most effiecient routes, places most likely to have what you're looking for, all that stuff.

I was originally going to hop back into the car at Don Mills station, go to Key Man Engravables at the Scarborough Town Centre- but then realized Fairview Mall, where I was currently parked, PROBABLY had one of it's one. I didn't even come CLOSE to the Scarborough Town Centre today.

Allowed myself to be super distracted this evening, I took forever getting to my comic reviews, stopping after only the two because I do have to make sure I'm in bed, rested and organized so I can get to work tomorrow.

First days at work. Yup, very similar to Exam Days in that I will probably wake up a lot during the night, checking to see if it's time to get up or if I've slept 30 years too late.

I forget how long Rip Van Winkle slept.

I keep forgetting to write this down, it's a short joke for my set:

"I find different things funny than a lot of people, I've got a bit of an off beat sense of humour."

(Then I hold as if I were waiting for laughs in response to me saying something funny)

"See? I was expecting laughter there."

Alternatively, if someone actually DOES laugh during the space I left open, I can say: "REALLY? No one was supposed to laugh there."

Just a quick gag, but I like it. I'm not liable to forget that one, it's been in my head for a while actually, but I can almost sort of relax now that it's written down.

Unless now that it's down I totally forget about it, and can't find it later going through my archives...

It's fine, it'll be fine, I need to get ready for bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment