Tuesday, August 31, 2010

The Last Horse crosses the finish line

There's another post in my drafts section I want to get to later- nothing mindblowing, but it's there and I just kind of forgot about it. Oh, no, this isn't it, this whole thing her is just me typing for a bit before going to work.

Already forgot a bunch of what I just dreamed last night, the only image I can hold in my head at the moment is this guy, a commanding officer or generic leader, putting my extra pair of shoes in my bag when I wanted to wear them instead of the heavier boots. And even while I was lamenting the extra baggage I had (pretty much just the extra footwear, other people around me had three extra blankets and four suitcases.

They didn't travel light is what I'm saying.

Checking out my list of comics for this week, and it looks like I'm only picking up the two things- The by-weekly published "Brightest Day" and the Elseworlds prestige (I think it's a prestige format)Superman: Last Family of Krypton.

While Brightest Day hasn't been anything to write home about, the Last Family of Krypton book is interesting in that it takes place in a world where Supermans parents travelled to Earth with baby Kal-El- there's a lot of emphasis on the media reaction to a family of aliens landing, then going about doing philanthropic things. The parents instantly become super celebrities, which has caused some domestic trouble for the parents. I'm looking forward to the issue because thus far there has only really been the seeds of conflict shown, nothing that couldn't be worked out with a good conversation. We should meet some antagonists this issue- or else Jor El will become the antagonist.

Oh good, it is raining a little. That should keep the day reasonable, temerature wise.

Yes, it's lame to mention the weather, I'm stalling a bit. Man, my typing sucks, I keep missing.

One more day of work and then I get a day off. Will be exceptionally sweet.
Also, need to either remove or super trim the old beard here.


I know, fascinating.

No comments:

Post a Comment