Thursday, August 5, 2010

"I'm ready for anything" famous last words before getting into a bar fight with a scary snouted guy

Once again, I'm getting a little uncomfortable with the level of charming irony I'm employing at work. I'll probably take a few days off for a breather.

I mean off from irony, not off from work. I need money.

I've fallen off the reading wagon again- I've just been too exhausted after work, it's pretty lame. I've got my bed side light on for a few minutes before sleep and I go "nope, my eyes are already closed."

And today, I just worked on my comic reviews (much better than last weeks bunch- I'm speaking of my writing, not necessarily about the quality of the comics) after watching Star Wars. Pretty fun, maybe tomorrow I'll throw up the next two installments before...

tomorrow I'm doing the lazer quest thing with my coworkers. A couple of them wanted me to bring my twin brother, so I will to make them happy- even though that means (cue high ptiched) "OH twins WOW you do look so alike that's awesome"

Ah, they're not bad people, they just haven't gone through the 'pointing out of the twin experience' thing for 25 years.

It's fine, I'm just the best boss type ever apparently.

So the other day I was describing the phenomenon of the group of people that are Joss Whedon fans, the group that don't know what that is at all, and being in the middle knowing both groups.

I said it was like a venn diagram, then proceeded to draw a venn diagram, then had it pointed out "uh, that's not really how a venn diagram works..."

"I know, it's just an illustration"

"but that's not how it works"

"but you see what I'm tryng to say, right?"

"yes"

"okay then"

So I called it "diagrammatical"- the case of using a diagram to illustrate something regardless of what it would actually mean. Like those commercials that show golds value is going up by having a chart with no values on its x and y axis and just a line bisecting the 90 degree angle. That line means good!

I thought I'd just created a "cool" (to me it's cool) new word...

BUT IT'S ALREADY ON DICTIONARY.COM!

Diagrammatic
1. in the form of a diagram; graphic; outlined.
2. pertaining to diagrams

so, nuts. I like my definition better. The combination of diagram + grammar.

Oh, hey my youngest brother has reappeared after disappearing for a week. It's a good thing I got a text from his girlfriend(?) two days ago to say he was fine.
Because obviously the family would only be concerned after a full five days without any word whatsoever.

But I guess I'm not going to say anything, because it'd just end up with me yelling a lot?

I'm way too hot and sweaty right now. But looks aren't everything- heyo

That doesn't really make sense with the sweaty part... the joke usually just goes from hot to "but looks aren't everything".

No comments:

Post a Comment