Monday, August 30, 2010

And now for something else

One of my goals today, I decided while running down from Dufferin Gate to Ontario Place today, was to talk to someone new today and just hear what they were about.

And it just so happens that I had one staff call in sick, and another was scheduled even though she is working somewhere else... so that was a fair number of staff to be missing. So for the purposes of breaks I borrowed some random people from another department...

Well, I didn't get much out of the first guy- he likes Super Smash Brothers and anime, but I didn't get to what kind specifically. I guess I kind of blew it on that one.

The second person immediately said she wasn't a very interesting person. Not a great sign... but she's the youngest of four and she likes watching mystery and crime procedurals and those things, but her parents aren't fans. Her parents want her to be a doctor so (as she supposes) she can amount to something beyond her brothers and sister- I forgot what they were doing, except the one brother is definitely a history grad, and hasn't figured out what to do with that. I hope he's passionate about it anyways.

She was very sweet, I ended up just entertaining her with a retelling of the episode of Bones I saw most of the night before. I don't watch a lot of Bones (despite loving David Boreanaz... may have spelled that wrong. Guess my love only goes so far) but it was a halloween episode where Bones was dressed up as Wonder Woman and there's an especially whimsical moment when she spins around pretending as though she's changing clothes as old school Wonder Woman did. Ah well, she seemed interested,and there are worse things than entertaining someone for half an hour. I'm of course talking about entertaining my borrowed staff, not being entertained by Bones... that's an hour long show duh.

Fell asleep for a little over ten minutes in my chair at work just at the end of the day. A necessary respite so I could make the hour and a half trek home. Ran for a bit towards Union station, just walked the rest of the way from Spadina, I was pretty worried I'd be unable to keep awake at home to post something here. Fortunately I had regained enough juice to read some on the subway- which is really all I ask.

No comments:

Post a Comment