Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Caught up on some sleep finally

Though not the same dream, it certainly played the familiar theme: I dreamt I had moved to a small town again.

I was walking around with that urgency that I feel in new surroundings, it's a desire to explore and become familiar with my evironment again, checking off certain things as I go, like where particular landmarks are (in a previous dream of the sort I found a comic store, which is of course one of the things I always assume I'd lose in a small town environment)- this time I found a track behind a school. It was empty and dry; with brittle yellow grass, and I immediately thought "I guess this is where I'll run in the future"

I also found a Burger King that was boarded up and closed down- because I always associate run down depressing main streets with small towns. Particularly when there's some all encompassing Wal-Mart store type that sucks up all the business in the area. Not sure why I dreamt the business that had incapacitated a Burger King was a Boston Pizza with low low prices...

Although as far as Boston Pizza's go- that's the restaurant the family would go to when we lived out in New Westminster (out in B.C.) and represents a VERY different time.

I think a while ago I mentioned misrepresenting myself at work, but yesterday I think for a moment I got it right. It felt pretty good.

But then I ran a fair distance from work to where some other guys were getting dinner- I considered calling to brag about my run, immediately realizing I'd be unhappy with myself for calling, then called anyways. And yes, I immediately regretted it.

Work is almost over with, I have to get on with finding a new job.

I shouldn't forget this time: shout out to Emily! I don't know who that is, but of all my followers- she's the third.

No comments:

Post a Comment