Saturday, August 14, 2010

The one where I complain... you can skip it and read the next one, I bet I wrote something silly there.

Completely woke up on the wrong side of the bed today. Not three minutes after getting up do I check in on my lunch, pre made the night before because I wanted to be all responsible and whatnot- and it's half gone. Rrr that killed me. I've tried to get over it, but nope- it's just been eating away at me all day. And it was the half WITH the alfredo sauce I bought for me that was eaten.

It's fine to eat pasta plain (plus some pumpkin seeds and raisins because that's how I roll) but when you have finally bought sauce, and you're expecting that flavour, and then it's denied to you.

Well, apparently it ruins the whole day.

That and two kids puked in the theatre and I had to deal with it.

Also, a guy took offence when I called him "dude"- in a moment of weakness (I was about to clean up vomit, you see) I addressed him as I would any other human being. And I'm pretty mad at myself for apologizing to the guy after his eyes bulged out of his head at the notion.

He said "this isn't the last you'll hear of this" like some saturday morning caricature, so I spent the next hour spoiling for a verbal sparring match ("I'm sorry I apologized! I don't want to add to the culture of victimization that service industry workers have to live with" Yeah that'd get him) but he didn't come back.

It was another hour before it dawned on me that what he probably meant was that he was going to file a complaint about me somewhere. But I was going to totally show him what for with words. Words!!

Ah well, the guy really just wanted to get mad at someone because his dumb kid slipped (without actually falling down, mind you) on puke that had only materialized on the floor not thirty seconds ago.

Why did I not put up some kind of sign on the floor, you ask?

The sign itself is actually just in the room behind you, so if you'd stop demanding I put a sign up I can actually go, you know, do that.

And this part is on me, it's pretty funny if you're someone else- I'd walked across the exhibition grounds to the bus stop after I was done work when I realized I had the work pager still clipped to my belt. And back to work I went.

AahI would much rather not complain about too much, like even this morning I kept trying to step back and put things in perspective... but nope, still grumpy, still on edge.

"Hey There Delilah" was playing on someones uh music player, at work today- I think it must have been 2007 when that song came out? I seem to remember it being played on the radio a lot while I was working in a parking booth, and was singing along- much more carefree then than I am now. But I could be wrong, I've managed to have a lot of carefree moments despite everything through the years. I guess I could just google when that song came out... looks like for North America it came out on "the charts" in 2007, so there it is.

Oh, hey, I saw Scott Pilgrim vs. the World yesterday- I'll definitely write about that here or somewhere when I'm in a better mood for it. Of course the catharsis of typing has begun to take effect, lets just hope "lunch eater" stays out of my business. By which I of course mean my lunches.

No comments:

Post a Comment