Saturday, July 31, 2010

10:55 PM 'Cause that's how I roll

I forget almost all of them, but the most prominent dream I had last night was of me around this large dog, who was friendly at first but then got mad, bearing it's teeth at me, and it's owner just says "yeah, you better pick up that chair". For protection, presumably.

It's that particular scenario which I'm always conscious of around animals, and why I just can't prefer them to people. Not that I'm that nuts about most people, you understand, it's just that most of them I can predict and work with.

Actually, you know who I like? Though it can certainly be frustrating, I like the people I can't predict. It's like a comedy act- they have the set up then the punch line subverts whatever you were expecting.

I know saying that makes it sound like I should like those crazy animals and what not, but no- the difference is with these unpredictable people I still know they're not going to surprise me by jumping me in an alley and taking my stuff. I wouldn't like that at all.

I reserve the right to not like people that I can be unsure of whether or not they're wanting to jump me and take my stuff.

There, that should be all my necessary qualifiers.

So hey, there was this kid today, sitting in a stroller, with three other kids around just walking- but then they started walking ahead. So the kid in the stroller gets up on reflex because he wants to be included with the gang, but then a second later he hops back on the stroller, looks up at his mom and whines/urges her to join up with the others. No question, I'm not a fan of this kid. He's an embarrassment to the Spider-Man hat he was wearing.

I wanted to type "baseball cap" but I thought that may be an anachronistic misnomer. Yes, Blue Jays hats are baseball caps- but just a plain hat... is just a hat. I don't know, I haven't done the research on this.

Anyways, I've got work in the morning, hopefully I'll have something more interesting to write about later, but no promises.

Oh, but that super cool food I was talking about before? quinoa (pronounced keen-wah) I'm looking forward to trying it.

No comments:

Post a Comment