Thursday, March 3, 2016

February 29th, 2016

February 29th, 2016

(Dimensionally stable editor's note: Then... if it's written on the 3rd... about the 28th... what about it is the 29th? Maybe I'll read to see if he switches over to the true final day of the second month... doesn't look like it, what is happening?!)

9:11 am on the 3rd of March, talking about the 28th of February. See, easy to follow instructions.

I can't believe I forgot to mention this for the previous post, but I waited around after work for a bit the day before, expecting Adam to show up- I told him I would attend his birthday party- but there was no sign of him. THEN I went home.

Okay, so the next day, well, let's get through the classes quick.

A class on Directions with Haven, April, and Nikita that was somewhat teeth pully.

A class on Life Experiences of some characters they have you study here with Bale, Amaris, Sissy and my pal Steve. Went well, had some laughs.

A salon class on "A Dangerous World"- Galaxy was listed on the attendance sheet, but she didn't show up- I said to everyone, "man, Galaxy would be all about this class." It was mostly just talking about dangerous things and words for getting hurt. Scalded, poisoned, electric shock, etc. etc.

A beginner class with Bonnie, Derrick, Sheen, and Ruby. I've maybe taught Bonnie before, but don't quote me on that.

A lower intermediate level salon with Will, Queena, Sunny (one of them), Eric, Marcia, Anna, a second Sunny, Mandy, and JK (who I impressed by noticing his haircut- he was slightly more in focus, either he got a haircut or my vision improved) titled "Just Talk About It", the main idea being to grab a topic from the list and talk for at least 90 seconds. I was concerned about Mandy, she usually seems a bit behind the rest of the class, but she was able to get through okay, maybe a few seconds short- I had JK using his phones stop watch function, much easier than me listening to the speeches and counting down the seconds in my head.

Okay, those were the classes, now let me rewind a bit to the lunch break- I went with Anna, Ailsa, Steve, and Dany- later joined by Nikita and Bradley- to a pizza place in the basement level. Pizza pizza pizza! And they had pineapple! It took awhile to get seated because of how busy the place was- every restaurant was busy- but it was while we were waiting that Nikita joined us, seeing us waiting in line.

I sat across from Steve and, despite his telling me that he was bored by my Hamlet English Corner, we talked Shakespeare- he's actually read a lot of it! 

Plates were brought out, as well as a single glove per person to wear while eating. I mean, we're at a pizza place, but we're not animals. When the pineapple pizza was served I was offered the first slice. There was no tomato sauce, which seems like an odd thing to skip, I know they have tomatoes here... but they made up for it by loading the thing down with cheese on a thin, crispy crust. The total pizza and its individual slices were way too tiny- not sure how much was ordered, I ate in step with everyone else. A second pizza, sausage or pepperoni came out and I gave a slice of that a go.

Some fried chicken came out, but I wasn't entirely enthused by the prospect. I did make use of my glove to eat this chicken, so I did end  up getting use out of it- Ailsa used her glove even during the pizza eating process, not that there's anything wrong with that.

I kept getting asked if I was still hungry, but it had become clear that Anna and Ailsa were insisting on paying and I had no intention of adding to the bill, and so waved off the idea. I told Dany later "of course I was still hungry, did you see the size of those slices??" (I did manage to resist the impulse to immediately go to Food Bazzar after leaving this party)

Through the course of the conversation I mentioned being terrible at knowing how old people here are. Anna then felt the need to ask how old she looked.

Ah, okay. That eternal problem- what guess to make that is both flattering, but not so low that it becomes clear that you aren't giving an honest answer... I went with 27, and Dany, who was of course also asked, said the same. While everyone laughed at the silly foreigners (or out of sheer joy) Dany and I exchanged the look that said "yes, we have both most certainly lied, but out of self preservation".

That was lunch- back to classes, which I've already discussed, fast forward to the end of the day where I'm keeping an eye out for Ivy who wanted to go see the new Stephen Chow movie "The Mermaid" which I was told would have English subtitles. No sign of her- and this is the day after I had a similar situation with Adam. Instead I went to Food Bazzar with Dany and Will where I was merrily munching away until I thought "eep, maybe I was supposed to go to the theatre part of the mall and meet her there?" I finished my food- I was hungry- and went to the theatre. No sign of her. Waited until the half hour mark, then returned to Web.


Just in case I had the time wrong, I waited at Web until the next hour mark, and then walked back to the theatre to cover my bases. Nope. Okay, let's go home. - 10:06 am

1 comment:

  1. titanium white dominus at sea, ship,
    Find the best value titanium 200 welder at Tinanium-arts in titanium drill bits our inventory with a comparison to other luxury titanium dive knife cars. Make your choice for the titanium dioxide sunscreen best in luxury. implant grade titanium earrings

    ReplyDelete