Tuesday, March 1, 2016

February 20th, 2016

February 20th, 2016

(Transdimensional Editor's note: Has he caught up? I guess I'll find out eventually. Hello future me. -G)

9:05 am on the 24th about the 19th

It was this day that I really started to record all my students names on my daily schedule so I could lock them down for myself, and to help me remember the group dynamics of the class, and thereby remember what happened in the class.

First I had Lydian, the boss' wife- but she didn't get to my classroom on time- hey, I don't care, you're in charge here! Apparently she was eating a bit- again, fine by me. And then we got started, but it seems we weren't doing the lesson she expected, so I had to go find a different one. Again, no problem, any delay that isn't my fault is a-ok. She told me she could plank for 2 minutes straight- wow, that's impressive!

English Corner, more Hamlet- skipping over some exposition at the end of scene 1, and skipping over some repetitive parts of King Claudius' speech (Bradley said his name like "Clow-dius" which sounded appropriately villainous, I approved) we got to Claudius telling Hamlet to be nice to his mother, and to keep close to his family (I mentioned the idea of keeping one's friends close and your enemies even closer). As ever, I had a blast- so much so that I didn't notice when I went 9 minutes over my allotted time. Vicky didn't seem to mind the delay to her presentation- she said she didn't notice the time either. Entranced by Hamlet? No doubt, no doubt.

Two hour break, no notes, blank mind. Moving on.

My next class was important because I had Vera in it- and I forgot her name again! (If they wrote it on my attendance sheet this wouldn't happen) and so I said that's it, I'm locking it down- Vera, I promise I will never forget your name again!(I told her this) I wrote it on the schedule, in my notebook, and etched it into my mind.

Then I had a beginner class talking about appropriate gifts for a Chinese wedding- ah, never fear, I'm an expert on them! Nope, but the lesson plan has all the info. At the end of it I got to talk about a wedding I had gone to in the past, and they seemed to really dig my talking about vows to love etc. etc. AND there was a girl named Lolita AND AND her friend named "Alien". YES. I need to get Galaxy, Alien and Mars in a class together.

My last class had to do with describing pictures- you had to say three things about the picture handed to you. What kept happening was either they'd switch over to almost making stories about the pictures (I'm looking at you, Henry) to struggling to say more than three things, not paying attention to how many they'd already said (I'm looking at you, Jessi- obviously I let her keep thinking for a bit, either she'll find a fourth thing to say, great, or she'll realize she was done, also great) and then I ended on Vera, who I said to everyone was the master of getting in, doing an acceptable amount of work, and getting out. 1-2-3 "Three things, yes?" Yup, Vera, you didn't disappoint. And then at the end you got to imagine about the circumstances in the pictures- "Henry, this is your time, man! You're all about this!"


It was fun- and that's all my notes for that day. - 9:26 am

No comments:

Post a Comment