Tuesday, March 1, 2016

February 15th, 2016

February 15th, 2016

(Temporary Editor's note: Will Isaac catch up? Find out next time. Or, more likely, in several entries from now. -G)

11:30 pm on the 17th, talking about the 14th.

I didn't know if I was working or not, so headed in to work, skipping my morning exercises (I've been trying to do them every other day).

Was smarter today, fully decked out in my winter gear, (hat/gloves/scarf, no long johnnys though) so it wasn't too cold out, but very icey slippery.

So, I was at Roosevelt, and it turned out to be my day off- you know I spent the day downloading videos from youtube to watch later and reading cracked articles. A John Cheese article about poverty, which I've probably read before, is very interesting to me. It says some things that click with me, suggesting some repeatable pattern that creates, say, an Isaac. Also I facebooked.

AND I researched how I can power my 3DS in china, asking Leo to write down on a paper "3ds usb charger" that I can take to Electronic City so that I can pick up what I need from someone.

I explained some American politics to Bradley and a girl whose name I forget, specifically about fighting for the democratic nomination and about super pacs.

Reading a list of some badass real life quotes on cracked- Bradley asserted that "Caesar" was a name, I said it was a title- turns out it was a name that became a title. So we were both right, that doesn't usually happen.

Talked to Stella about chess, she said I was invited to whatever gatherings the workers here have which was a very nice thing to hear.

Tried the cauliflower thing at food bazzar, I haven't had it before because it looked spicy, but it actually wasn't, it was great. Showed me.

Molly came by for a visit, she gave me her wechat number in anticipation for when I get my phone and wechat up and running- I explained to everyone again how I need my passport to get a phone number. 

Ronan from Wanda came by, seems he was just in Korea and was lucky to get a flight in after the weather yesterday, China Southern (or whatever) airlines wouldn't make the trip, all flights cancelled, but Air Korea took him in.

I taught Bradley some french words, je ne sais pas, the verb comprendre. Corrected Leo's pronounciation of "tres"- and if I'M correcting your french pronounciation, you know it's really bad.

Left Web with Leo and Bradley, regretted not going back to say bye to Stella and Ronan, but I was already two floors away, there's no going back after that.

Picked up water at Carrefour, but not before the guy at the entrance got me to put my backpack in a bag that was then fitted with a sensor to alert them if I tried to leave the store- a precaution against people sneaking whatever into their bags, I get it, but I still take it personally. Like half of me doesn't want to go back there to shop if they can't trust me- which is irrational. Plus it was super annoying just carrying a huge sack with my backpack in it instead of, you know, wearing it on my back. I eschewed my usual grocery store wanderings and just went straight to the water, picked it up and got out. As someone who usually fills up his arms for the sake of shopping, not taking a cart, having half my carrying capacity cut off like that is an affront to shopping decency.

The cashier was pretty nice, with decent english too, and some other employee came over to give me a hand opening the sack to remove my backpack, that was nice, I don't think anyone said he had to do that. 

Walking home with the water, precarious, several slips, no falls- Will caught up to me and we chatted there for a bit just before he splits off to go home. He gave me his number and said if I was bored I could use a visitors pass to go to the gym with him sometime. Sweet! That'd be fun.

And then I stayed up until 2 am watching all the videos I recorded during the day.


Notes completed- actually, I barely touched them, but they'll do, pig. 11:42 pm

No comments:

Post a Comment