Friday, November 4, 2011

Kuiper belt? I guess I can look it up...

My floor is currently littered with newspaper bits that I wanted to talk about, but I don't really feel like getting them right now. Some other time then.

The most important entries down there are the Scary Gary and Marmaduke strips that showcase their redeeming qualities. It's important!

And yes, I'm surprised about the Marmaduke love too- it's crossed the hate threshold and is now a brilliant strip, all without changing a thing about itself.

Maybe that's what those republicans down south are counting on. Ho ho I miss Daily Show.

Speaking of shows that I want to see- Community! I haven't seen ANY of the new season, and there're SIX episodes out. I'm hoping nbc.com will hook me up, though that looks increasingly unlikely. Helpful youtube has been advocating I check out any number of sketchy sites to satisfy myself. So sketchy. Plus I just got rickrolled into a scary halloween thing, which then rolled me to some, I don't know, armenian guys account.

It's only funny if I get to hear "Never gonna give, never gonna give"

Oh, but even then, it's gotta be the full song. Who doesn't want a bit of Rick Astley still? Maybe it's only me that's still good with it.

Got up at 5:30pm today, which is fine, but I don't have a whole lot on the agenda tonight. Wish the gym was still open. Well, I did laundry anyways.

By the way, I've started plotting a novel. I've got the general idea down, but it's in the fleshing out that things happen. I've only written either the ending, or just before the ending, waiting for some resolution. I'm excited, but I'd still rather do something else this evening.

As an aside, my spirits have generally picked back up. I feel more hopeful, which is crazy, since things have actually gotten worse if I start the think about things too hard. So I won't.

I was loaned a book on the hubble telescope and astronomy in general. I didn't want to spend the whole night reading it in detail, but I still learned a thing or two. Uh, I may have forgot what I learned. I think Pluto is currently classified as a dwarf planet in the "Kuiper belt" orbiting the solar system? Is it Kuiper? Not sure. But there's another dwarf planet that's bigger than Pluto, and I guess is the main reason Pluto got demoted from Planet status (which is messed up). I think that other dwarf planet is named... Eres?

Anyway, after looking through the book, I'm walking outside, it's dark like always, I look up into, you know, infinity, then back down to this little mudball of ours, and couldn't help but laugh at myself, my problems, really, everyones problems. Wow is it all so small.

Just looked it up- BAM Kuiper belt was correct. Man, I kinda rocked that one. Wait, let me chack the name of that other dwarf planet... oh whatever it's Eris. One letter off.

No comments:

Post a Comment