Thursday, November 24, 2011

Last saturday in certainly more detail than none at all. You have to give me that!

So my couple of days off have consisted of bed. Very disheartening. I'd like to be not tired please. Also, I'd like to be not cold, my feet were ice cubes last night.

A friend of mine has been encouraging me to write some music, I think because she kind of wishes I was someone that went around writing music all the time. To that end, today a couple of lines with potential have come to me, I hurried down to pen and paper to record them, and I'm thinking this will make a lovely Christmas present for her.

Ugh, but music notation... well, whatever.

Yes, last weekend I was supposed to have a late lunch and a movie with someone, but it didn't happen! She said she was going to be late, so I told her to call while I napped- but no call, C'apn!

It's relatively cool, she got me apology chocolates, so there you go.

That evening (and why I couldn't switch things up to a late supper... boy was I hungry that afternoon) I had a bud's house warming to go to. I recorded the address in my cell phone as a draft text, but when I got to the area the draft was all messed up and the info gone! I called up a guy that I knew would be there to ask for the address only to find the party cancelled! The host had gotten sick and cancelled the event whilst I napped that afternoon (or maybe earlier, I forget when I last checked the event page)!

So instead I ventured down to the Lakeview restaurant at ossington and dundas to hang out with that excellent gentleman who told me of my sudden change in evening plans. A good time was had by all, we discussed Marmaduke crossing the terribleness threshold into brilliance (my words) and the strip Scary Gary- which I'd planned to do that night anyway, I cut out examples from the paper for this purpose.

(What other purpose could they be cut out for?)

The minute our party left the restaurant, two other friends of mine were randomly going in! So I went back in the restaurant with that group! And soon after, the friend of mine that leaves nearby and with whom I was going to spend the night showed up!... okay, that last bit wasn't a surprise, that part was actually planned.

We had apple/pear pie- quite a combination! I spent way more money that night than I'd planned, and that was just for the all day breakfast and then the pie. I seriously don't know how people spend so much on alcohol. I mean, how is it possible to have that much disposable income? Crazy. One of these days I'll try having money, that seems a popular lark.

Leaving the restaurant (again) I almost immediately went horizontal on the couch, it was really comfy. The place was crazy warm, I'm definitely not used to that (he says, currently wearing four sweaters and a jacket, because he just doesn't want to deal with cold right now). We talked for a good long while, it was nice.

I couldn't really sleep much. 5am-6am happened, then I was awake and headachey. I got to watch Thundercats, though it took too long to load. When that was over I returned to that couch, read a bit of that Put Out More Flags book, fell back to sleep from something like 11am- 1pm, but with lots of little phone time checking in between.

Man, I'm leaving a lot of specifics out, mostly conversation details, but I could certainly paint a more interesting picture of these set pieces. But, eh, a lot of that isn't my laundry to air, so to speak.

That's good for now, I'm going to lean back on this (relatively) big, comfy couch right here, continue to keep all these clothes on, and stew a bit. Or sleep. Mostly sleep. We just got back from Tucker's Marketplace. And I wanted to sleep BEFORE we went there!

No comments:

Post a Comment