Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy halloween I guess

Last one for the month. Not going to keep you long, I want to get to bed, I'm already up a good hour later than I should be.

At work there was a party going on, the baptismal after-function for someone. A baby I guess. In the lobby there're halloween decorations all over. Nothing too fancy, but there is a little zombie guy who pulls his head off and talks when you press a button (maybe there's a mode with a sensor, but I didn't care to touch the thing... how many random kids must have been pawing at that thing over the years? Forget it!)

Anyway, this sweet little girl from the baptismal thing, her family is about to leave, and she asks if she can see the thing? (Meaning: can she press the button so the zombie guy will pull off his head.)

She was really cute with how she asked her father: Can I- can I see the thing? Sil vous plait? Sil vous plait??

(uh my french... that is supposed to be 'sil', right?)

But THEN her father is all, "NO, THAT'S WITCHCRAFT, IT'S SATAN WORSHIP!"

"Sil vous plait?"

"IT'S WITCHCRAFT! DO YOU LIKE WITCHES?"

It was pretty ridiculous. The little girl, by the way, must have been five or so, so there's some extra context for you. I'm just glad I heard the father start to freak out like that BEFORE I told the little girl it'd be all right for her to press the button, because you know I would've gotten an ear full for tempting her and damning her soul forever. That would've sucked.

This one youngish couple at the condo came to me for a parking permit this evening, er, yesterday evening, and they ended up chilling out with me for quite some time. They were really nice, talked a bit about DeLoreans and "the Ottawa shift" which is apparently what the guy calls my working hours because I guess Ottawa paramedics can have the same 6pm-6am shifts.

I got side tracked- anways, they were really nice, and I enjoyed their company, but man, what were they doing talking to me? You've got your girlfriend over for the night, maybe you have other things to do besides chat with the securtiy guard?

I guess... I must be a really interesting guy to talk to? Like, REALLY interesting?

Awesome news, my buddy got me a ticket for a screening of Ghostbusters at the Paramount theatre tonight. And so that's why I'm done here, will check a couple of web comics, then go to bed.

Ahh sunlight! *hssss*

No comments:

Post a Comment