Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Crossing a finish line- again

Ah-ha! Ye thought ye got me, eh? Well, no sir, all eleven, just as ordered.

And no, I didn’t just throw together three separate posts just now, I’d actually written them up Monday and Tuesday- but Monday’s wouldn’t post (lousy weird button not doing anything…) and Tuesday’s, well, I didn’t make the trip to another computer to post the two up. So, before work today I’ll be stopping off somewhere, USB firmly in hand, to post all these up.

In that case, I guess I’m telling you to scan back a few entries if you wanted to catch anything you missed.

I didn’t end up going to any theatre Tuesday night, couldn’t get anyone to go. True, I only tried three people… wait, I tried three people! That’s a fair number of people!

Instead I spent time on the Doctor Who TV tropes page and spent some hours at the gym. I paid particular notice to the music being piped in, listening for hints on song structure because, as I wrote Monday (but only posted today) I’m wanting to write a song.

I think I may have hit on an appropriate topic for the song. Or at least a fun topic. At this moment, I’m thinking it’ll be about Pluto. We’ll see how it goes.

Needed to pick up some cereal, so 3am trip to the expensive Metro. Got Vector, a chicken salad thing, and- TWIZZLERS!

Aw yeah, Twizzlers! I saw ‘em, and I wanted ‘em.

Note to self about the salad: the red onions are no good for you. It feels like I’m on the verge of suffering from heartburn. Pretty sure the culprit here is the onions, they’re my prime suspect. But don’t leave town yellow peppers.

It’s 6:18am now, spent the rest of my night watching Muppet Treasure Island. Should probably read the book. Wonder if the Captain really did have a lover that took with Captain Flint and ended up marooned on the eponymous island, or if that was added so Ms. Piggy could be in the picture.

Man, I want to see that new Muppet movie. I probably shouldn’t have said I’d watch it with this one person that I can hardly ever get in touch with or see. Feels like that one Simpsons episode where, once Bart has finally become chief justice of the Supreme Court, Homer finally takes Bart to see the Itchy and Scratchy movie.

That reminds me of the time I explained… something in my modernisms class (forget what) then immediately said “like in that one Simpsons episode”. The professor stated that I had said something really well, but then ruined it with the reference. That stuck with me, obviously. As far as academics go, I’m sure I learned the most from that professor, that guy’s the best.

Of course university teaches much more than academics and most of those lessons aren’t to be found on any lesson plan.

Ah well. I should be off to bed then. If you’re curious it’s now 6:28am. Time flies.

No comments:

Post a Comment