Monday, November 28, 2011

Stuff to do in the coming year

Even though I'm tired after a full weekend of work, the night before last I got pretty inspired and energized. Here's what I'm going to do.

Write a song- a friend of mine has encouraged me to write some music, something I really haven't done much before. In response, I've decided to write a song for her as a Christmas present. It's gonna be rough, but I bet she'd like it.

Write a novel- I've already discussed the novel I'm working on. I haven't done much more since then, but the story has been percolating in my head, and I'd really like to get it on a page/screen. I just need to suck it up and pick up a little laptop to write on.

Write a short story- I got an e-mail as a "friend of Merril" or whatever about a speculative/science fiction contest happening in February. Seems pretty cool, I'd like to contribute to it, so I will.

Make more money- I don't have a choice about this one, I plain need to be making more. To that end I have to, again, suck it up, get my smart serve certification, and pick up some extra security work for my days off. Hurgh I'm tired just thinking about it.

The more exciting stuff:

I'm going to apply to be a tree planter for this upcoming season. When is that season? No idea, I presume the summer. Where do I apply? No idea. The deadline? How should I know! But I'm pretty sure I've got a friend who did this that can give me this info, also, when I discussed this the other day the people I was talking with suggested this could be work in B.C. which is way more awesome than my thinking of doing it in Ontario.

Assuming that takes the summer months, what next? What else!- apply to teach english over seas! I'm thinking if I apply nowish I can make a September session. I've been told to check out "footprints" as far as an organization to do this with. It's a lead, I'm a detective, just go with me on this, don't bring me down.

But Isaac, what will you do before that stuff? Hey, I don't know, what about finally pursue my bike courier ambition?!?! Wouldn't that be insane? If I managed to do all this stuff this coming year? What's great is, if I totally hate the courier thing, then who cares, I'm off to plant trees! If I love it? I can always go back to it!

I'm excited, do I look excited? Trick question, this is a blog, you can't see me right now.

I have some obstacles to over come, but I think all of these things are achievable. If I didn't, I probably wouldn't be so pumped.

No comments:

Post a Comment