Friday, November 25, 2011

Hitting targets and getting credit

It LOOKS like I'm posting two in the one day, and I am. But it's not my fault! I wrote the previous entry yesterday and the button wouldn't work for the posting! Not sure what the deal was, but it's thoroughly unfair.

I spent the night napping on the couch, fully clothed and then some, with three sweaters on to fight back the cold, and my OTHER sweater and jacket combo protecting my poor chilly feet. I'll probably have to return for ANOTHER nap, today being the start of one of those three day weekends (like all my work weekends).

I dreamt a friend of mine gave birth to a polar bear, also that Tom Welling punched out a wave in the ocean. The Tom Welling bit isn't such a mystery, his face is plastered along the back of most of my comics this week advertising that final Smallville season on sale. I don't know WHERE the polar bear came from. That may just be me being weird.

I stayed up late, reclining and warm, watching my brother play Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword. To hear everyone talk about it, it's a pretty big deal. Okay. All I know is that he repeatedly failed to hit these ten targets on his bird in the alloted 120 seconds, and I thought it was hilarious. I challenged him to let me have a shot, and no, I didn't succeed, but I did easily beat his tries while refusing to take a moment outside of the trial to figure out the controls- they are pretty intuitive, and I had been watching him beforehand, so I had the gist.

Boy I gave him a hard time about that. Very funny.

I just received and activated a new credit card, a good thing for several reasons. One is that I now have credit powers again (online purchasing, the all important parking lot convenience), the other is that it gives me a little hope that maybe my credit ain't as bad as I thought- I have almost payed off my other card ($300 to go, down from $1,800+!!!)

Or else these credit guys think I'm sucker. Well, past evidence would support that, but I'll show them.

Oh, it's also good in that I gave all my money towards the family finances, and maybe I'd like to eat sometime in the next week before I get paid again. That's a definite plus.

But yes, it's burning a whole in my pocket/consciousness, not in the classic sense of "ooh, money to spend!", but in the sense of "you have an explosive in your pocket, that can be used for good or ill, so use your head!"

And as long as I'm thinking like that, I should be okay. Unless I have a nervous breakdown or something.

Or to put it another way, great power great something something. You know the line.

No comments:

Post a Comment