Saturday, July 17, 2010

Two new friend requests... at least I recognize ONE of them

I didn't really have any intention of writing here tonight, but I've finished up everything else I wanted to do today (tvtropes.org for HOURS!) and why not post something while I've got some energy.

Don't want to jinx it, but it looks like I'm getting a free three day pass to the upcoming Fanexpo- in simplest terms a huge comic convention- so I can write about it. Which would be awesome. Especially considering I've missed it the last two (three?) years working at Ontario Place during the summer.

I've got way too many people on my facebook list, at least that's what I'm thinking right now. Scrolling through the changed profile pictures, the statuses, the requests for help in farmville, the calls for attention. It's tiring, it's distancing.
That said, I'm indebted to it- without it I wouldn't have known about someone's father dying, so now I can attend the funeral, or try to anyways.

Almost wrote 'passing away' just now before catching myself. I usually find myself slipping into euphemism in that area, but always force myself to say the blunt 'dead'. It just never seems fair to their memory to soften the blow to myself.

But if you consider that as advice, take it with a grain of salt- I can be pretty hard on myself.

The ultimate goal for today was to recharge and go to bed at a decent hour before work in the morning- I've been unduly run down at work lately... actually, those were all days when I was up late writing here. Whoops. But yes, I've done this; much sleep, eaten well, relaxed... so I now want to do push ups and run around and what not. But that would set me back.

I'm trying to be smart as opposed to just give in to whatever impulse comes to mind. I imagine it's comparable to being in a sensory deprivation tank but all you can think of is that if you open that door there's everything.

Oh, this is funny- I just checked my library account, I've only got ten more days with Gravity's Rainbow and I haven't even started yet. Looks like I'm going to have to shift into reading mode. A deadline makes it exciting. And Walden is at the library waiting for me!

2 comments:

  1. There is no way you could (or should) read Gravity's Rainbow in 10 ten days.

    Also - luck you! Free FanExpo passes! I'm definitely going this year if I can afford the pass by the end of the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe it'll end up like my reading(s) of Don Quioxte- third time was the charm.

    Man, it'd be sweet if you ended up at expo

    ReplyDelete