Thursday, July 22, 2010

I still haven't thought of another suitably unboastful alias.

Finally got to sleep in a bit today.

Yesterday I thought about thanking someone for doing their job, then immediately heard what their reply would be- "are you being sarcastic?"

Then I would say "no, why do people keep saying that?" even though I know it has to do with me not placing extra emphasis in my voice, or an added exclamation mark if I'd written it down, because yeah I appreciate it, but it was only so good of you and I forget that apparently I should only be thankful if I was REALLY blown away.

So instead I just didn't send that e-mail thank you this time. Maybe I'll be up for the dance later, but not right now.

So, yes, if you think I'm saying something bad about you, or being sarcastic about something, you're probably wrong- anytime I ACTUALLY have a negative thought about someone it just stays upstairs. "If you don't have something nice to say..."


The exception, of course, being when you do something monstrously funny/silly/dumb and I point it out because it makes me laugh- and I'm hoping you can see how it was funny and can laugh at yourself. Again, if I don't think you can laugh at yourself, I'll keep it to myself.

The exception to THAT being my brothers- they can be surprisingly hard to predict whether they'll go along with the gag or get offended. I guess I feel more comfortable taking riskier chances (joke-wise) with those guys- IF they get offended then they'll have to get over it, because I'm still the only guy that'll drive you to your friends house at 11 at night (assuming it isn't the first time I'm watching 'Rocky' over here, which it won't be again- I'm looking at you PJ).


Notice that the last two paragraphs basically start- "the exception to this is..."
I feel so dumb when I start describing myself, trying to lay down 'Isaac precepts' and then I think "wait, there was that one time..."

Maybe you should tell me what I am, and then I'll happily tell you why you're wrong. Ah, wait, scratch that, whenever people tell me what I am I just get quiet because I very often can't take a compliment (I am conciously trying to be better about that) or I totally disagree with you but DON'T tell you why you're wrong.

Took a passport photo yesterday, and I know I've got crooked features, but MAN that was a terrible picture. I don't usually feel quite that unattractive.

Wow, hey, you know who apparently LOVES talking about himself? Isaac! In this post!

I don't know about you, but I need a break from that guy- I shall be 'Isaaco de la Yorko' for the immediate future. Ah, or something better when I think of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment