Sunday, July 11, 2010

But... I was going to write more!

I have not had any time for writing here, and I still don't, I need to go to bed for work tomorrow but first:

the other day there was this girl on the subway, she had her bike leaning against her while she lazily read a book and sipped from a carton of chocolate milk. A lovely picture as far as I'm concerned- BUT when her stop came she got up to leave and when facing the door, she dropped her empty carton.

Oh no!

So now I wanted to see what she'd do next- nine times out of ten if a person drops garbage on the subway they'll leave it, and that's without the added obstacle of a bike in the way... but she picked it up! I was pleased. Kudos to you, Subway Girl.

***

I went for a run this evening, because even though I've been on my feet all day I don't like waiting around for the bus to arrive- I made it past Eglinton (that's from Victoria Park station) before a bus finally caught up to me. That was something like 25 minutes, that is no kind of service to pay so much for every month.

Anyway, after I stopped running I felt that I hadn't opened my mouth for awhile- I'd gotten that thin seal that you remember from kidhood and once I realized I had it I determined to keep it until I got home. No easy trick, I wanted to sneeze twice while on the bus- I'd almost made it until a neighbor came by while walking his dog.

Social codes/graces! Why do you foil me so?!? I just wanted to arbitrarily keep my mouth firmly shut until I'd made it home. I'll forgive you, graces. This time.

Speaking of time, it's 1am and work is definitely happening in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment