Thursday, April 19, 2012

Previously on...

In case you haven't noticed, I've fallen behind on my blog work. Way behind.

Oh, no worries about my quota- I've already got a plan for that to get done. Bed and breakfast entries (one before bed, one when I wake up) will quickly catch me up, so that's all good.

They'll probably be short ones though.

I actually don't have a lot of time right now, I need to get ready for work, so this has to get bashed out fast, however this being Thursday means there's one thing I wanted to say for the past week, and if I don't get it out now it'll REALLY feel dated.

Last weeks episode of Community had a sweet aesop about loving yourself, about not needing someone else's validation to raise your self esteem to nominal levels. That if you love yourself first, maybe then the Blade's of the world, or better yet, the Troy's, will come to you. And if they don't? That's okay too, because you're already a better person.

I've worded this wrong, making it sound like the purpose of liking ones self is to land a man (I've REALLY worded this wrong in my case) but the episode really touched me. I had been visiting with a friend not too long before seeing that episode, and I had been wrapped up in my own awkwardness. Being awkward and referencing that awkwardness ("Abed, is this you being 'meta'?")- it's not exactly a new phenomena. I remember one trip to Wonderland in high school where I didn't say much, and eventually another classmate asked me about it. I said I didn't have anything to say. She said I was talking right now. And I said talking about not having nothing to say doesn't really count.

I'm going to try and worry less about that kind of thing, not get too lost in thinking about how I'm coming across so I can try to enjoy the company of others better.

That said, there's a new Community tonight! What'll they think of next?! I hope it's heart-warming!

No comments:

Post a Comment