Friday, April 20, 2012

Baki and Marmaduke

I just finished watching this 45 minute anime thing from '96: Grappler Baki The Ultimate Fighter. Man did that suck. Yeesh. Every stereotypical bad anime trope taken to eleven. I didn't think that actually existed, but there it is.

I've gotta tvtropes this thing, make sure it's as universally reviled as I think it deserves to be. Looks like I'll be heading towards the "your mileage may vary" section.

It's my weekend off, and I've got a fairly packed schedule. Too packed.

(whoa, speaking of Tupac- they've got this hologram Tupac performing on stage? Actually, I understand it isn't strictly speaking a hologram.. uh, I forget why that is, what the distinction between what it is and a hologram... wait, was my source the Toronto Sun on this one? You know what? Forget I said anything, it's a hologram. Anyways, I read someone saying how they've totally got to do Biggie Smalls. Tupac and Biggie? No one said anything about bringing them together, but regardless the association woke me up to the sliminess of the whole thing. Unless Tupac's got it somewhere in his will that it's cool to use his image for a performance like this, I'm calling unethical on this one.)

But right, my schedule. I'm trying to figure out what to keep and what to ditch. Before the house warming this evening will I go for a run to get comics? Will I go to the gym? Pick up groceries? Go to the bank? Get fully rested up after the usual 12 hour work night?

I can't do all of them. At least I can't do them all and get enough sleep to be of any use anywhere else.

The house warming is for a member of the gang that I've made myself "The Marmaduke Guy". No one has actually called me that, but I've been extolling the virtues of the terrible Marmaduke strips the last three times I've hung out with them. The last two times I brought samples! And I've already got two NEW samples in front of me, with a new paper right beside me, its Marmaduke itching to be cut/torn free.

For the record, I'd very much rather not be ever called "The Marmaduke Guy". But if that does happen, I've brought it on myself.

Hmm, maybe I'll switch gears and merely introduce everyone to this "Grappler Baki" business. How about no? I've decided I will not make enemies tonight.

And all those other decisions: I'll make after a good sleep. So that cuts off a good many options all ready- but I'm so tired! So yeah.

No comments:

Post a Comment