Saturday, March 31, 2012

Social Function Part 2

Last Wednesday. Comic book day. Lately I've been getting my brother to go pick up my books for me, but since his security licence came in and he's been working pretty much non-stop for the past week, that wasn't going to work.

New plan. I like running. The weather is decent if chilly. Gonna run to the comic store. Hitch one: I forgot my backpack at work that morning, so no carrying books in backpack for the return trip. Solution one: Comics aren't that heavy, and I'm given a plastic bag anyways. Hitch two: I can't find my comfy brown touque. I tear through that messy chair that carries my various sweaters and supposedly my touque to no avail, but I certainly destroy my room and will have to fix that later. Solution two: Wear that tight little bright blue touque from Ontario Place I was given some years ago, the one that isn't particularly comfortable, and is why I bought myself a new touque this past winter. Obviously this isn't an ideal solution.

But it'll do, and I'm running, and I'm feeling great, and I quickly warm up against the outside chill. I take special notice of my left knee which gave me trouble at the end of my last big run, but it's ALSO feeling great. I've found a good pace, chugging away, I could go on forever at that pace (cardiovascularly speaking), but then ten minutes or so off from the comic book store (aka the half way point) I feel a slight twinge in my left knee.

Okay, okay, slight twinge, it's still good, it's still good, maybe don't think about it.

I arrive at the store, and my knee is now really unhappy with me. That was fast.

I get my books, walk on out, and start to jogOKAY nope, I'm walking for a while.

A while later: alright, let's try that run againNOPE still no good.

It's weird that it didn't hurt at all walking, right? Enh, maybe it was just my lucky day, otherwise I'd have been stranded (unless I wanted to shell out for a cab- no way!).

However, my body temperature was certainly dropping now, despite my attempt to powerwalk my way to inner heating. I was mighty cold by the time I got home. Just outside the door I got a call from Cool Geoff asking where I was. That was funny, on account of how in twenty seconds he'd have seen me, phone call or no.

Home at last, but I'd have to keep that tight touque on- I'd look too weird if I take it off, what with the crazy hair and pressure lines from the hat itself all across my forehead. We zipped off for some take out chinese (japanese?) buffet. It was a close call, I ALMOST had too many pieces of sweet and sour pork. I almost crossed that threshold between wanting more more MORE and getting totally sick of them. Boy, I sure do live dangerously!

I had a quick shower, leaving us with just enough time to discover that I had the time wrong and we had plenty of time to travel out to the panel comedy show "Problem Solved!" out at the Comedy Bar. That meant I had time to give my teeth a brush! Yay!

Uh, hold on, I'm running out of time, so I guess there'll be a part three to finish this up.

No comments:

Post a Comment