Saturday, March 24, 2012

Movie reviews on the Subway

I was on the subway headed to work when this mother and two little kids come by. The son is 6-8 years old, and the daughter is 5-7. Or something like that. The little boy sits beside me. The lot of them are talking about what movie they want to see, and the boy says John Carter.

The mother makes a face. "I don't know, the reviews say it's really bad.."

I turn to the boy and say, "It's really good. I had a blast."

I half expected a rebuke of a "mind your own business" variety from the mother, but surprisingly, she actually was grateful for the feedback.

When we arrived at my stop I got up, and the little girl asked my name.

"My name is Isaac."

"Okay, bye Izee!"

Izee (pronounced "eye-zee") is now my most adorable nickname.

No comments:

Post a Comment