Sunday, March 11, 2012

Mostly just dream time

For the past, what? Week? I keep running into things I'd like to blog about, but then not getting the moment to do so. This inevitably leads to me forgetting a bunch of stuff, and having it all run together, and that just generally sucks.

Mostly because of the forgetting stuff part. Ah, well most of that stuff is probably in response to various Toronto Star articles, so there are worse things to forget.

It's early on this no, not leap day... day light savings day. I had a nightmare about my brother dying from I think it was a blast of heat vision, and so I got upset and woke up. At least I don't have to be particularly paranoid of real beams of heat vision.

But backtrack two nights before and I dreamed about two things: one was this father accussing me of perfidy by going out with both of his daughters.

(I knew I wanted to use "perfidy" there, but I dictionary.com'd it just to be sure)

I gave a heartfelt speech about needing to get to know people so I could know who I would want to spend time with. I said more than that, but you know, dream logic from two nights ago, I can't really remember. I know the father guy ended up pitying me, which is an unusual response that maybe I should be offended by? I don't know- it was MY dream!

Note: I first tried that last sentence without the allcaps on "my" but felt that left too much room for a casual reader to alter the reading via their own personal emphasis.

Note2: "their own personal emphasis"- redundant? Their personal emphasis. Their own emphasis.

Immediately after that bit I dreamed I was running- no, sprinting. My arms reached out impossibly far in front of me, smoothly cutting through the air at my side as my legs effortlessly tapped at the ground to propel me forward. It's the kind of feeling that I have only rarely achieved in real life, on a small length of track, magically limbered up and without feeling any kind of knee or ankle strain or anything. It's a great sublime moment, and this dream reminding me of it was nice.

So naturally I went for a run yesterday to capitalize on my excitement. It was relatively short, and obviously not as great as that dream bit, but not bad at all. I pushed my speed a bit more than usual, even while knowing that it wasn't a speed I could maintain for the entire trip. I had fun. Oh, until my ears got too cold, that was sore making.

Mayhap it shall be warmer out soon.

Speaking of soon, I'll have to return here soon to talk about a couple books I read, and therefore make myself feel like a smarty pants.

No comments:

Post a Comment