Friday, July 15, 2011

Surprise shift!

I seem to have talked (screamed?) my throat raw complaining about the new Transformers movie to my bros. To reiterate my points here would be redundant, as I'd simply be stating EVERYTHING that happens in the movie, and saying "THIS- ALL THIS!!"

Also, I've mentally tuckered myself out going over it the first time. I'm not sure if it was this hot in the room before, or if my rageness had an effect on the temperature.

I've also been keeping track of how many pages of my book I've been going through each day of work, because reading a lot of pages means I'm smart, right? That's how that works?

Anyway, I've got some notes, as well as those pages per day numbers, but that stuff is all downstairs, and I'm tired, and it really isn't that important.

I'm past the halfway point, so take that.

There's a significant portion of the book that transformed into a faux spy/super hero story, which I naturally enjoyed. The character Slothrop was able to travel with impunity through a war zone (I'm aware the war is over- that was a surprise, I figured the war would be a back drop through the entire novel) by appropriating the super hero conventions that no one deemed a threat.

Of course, he wasn't any kind of a threat, but that's besides the point.

Ah, in case you're wondering why I'm writing now instead of my promised Monday post... I ended up working Monday. And Tuesday.

That's right, a surprise two days of work. They called me at 1:30pm (I wasn't planning on getting up until 6pm... which was now when I had to get to work) to take over for the guy that they fired, and then they needed me on Tuesday to train the NEW new guy for the building.

And there was no reason for it.

The previous guard was doing a good job, but he didn't do one thing, and yes, he was warned once, but instead of speaking to him again, they decide to surprise fire him on the monday.

Instead of, say, telling him he was fired a day or two in advance, and arranging for me to train a guy on Sunday, when I'd already be on the job.

So stupid, someone was clearly really thoughtless, while also being really pushy (or else other people just acqueisced to his demands REALLY quickly).

I've got a good idea who is principally at fault here, but I don't need to pursue that info. But MAN it was a jerk move. And I had to cancel my fun movie night!

No comments:

Post a Comment