Sunday, July 17, 2011

The step before I press 'publish post'.

As I've mentioned before, most definitely during last years summer time, I'm terrible about knowing when it's hot out.

Not to put down my awesome detective skills, because every other time they're top notch, but in regards to weather, yeah. I can't just say "oh, it's hot."

No, I have to have trouble sleeping for days, be tired and continuously sweating.

A-HA it's hot out!

(Remarkable, Holmes! How do you do it?)

Elementary, I merely put all those separate facts I just mentioned together. Plus the weather channel says it's a scorcher.

Watching said weather channel (actually that CP24 news thing)- did you know there're a bunch of wild fires in northern Ontario and they've called over B.C. fire fighters to take care of it? I had no idea!

And there's a terrible drought in Somalia! Again, I had no idea!

I guess I haven't been paying attention to the news cycle much this wash, but last time I checked everything was about Will and Kate plus Crown Royalty, so I didn't think I was missing out on too much.

I got Sweet Tooth vol. 2 from the library, so I finished that before bed. Surprise surprise, that Jepperd guy, the macho violent guy- he was a hockey player before the whole world altering diseasse apocalypse thing.

Lemire! Mix it up Man!

Watch when his next issue of Superboy comes out we learn that the Phantom Stranger loves hockey.

Uh, but, that said, I actually would find it really funny if Lemire wrote Superboy trying to play hockey. He'd probably fall down all over the place unless he last minute activates flying. That'd be a fun image too.

OH, pretty exciting, I've been telling everyone this: as of Friday I finally caught up on all my OSAP payments since when I didn't have a job and couldn't make my payments. Technically, I could have called them and arranged some kind of lower payment thing, but that's not how my mind works. I'm like "okay, I missed this month, so I owe them X, and now it's X+X, and now it's..."

But yeah, so starting next month I'll be sending OSAP $160 a month, instead of the $400 I've been sending. That's a bunch of savings. And I'm a relative stone's throw away from paying off the credit card, too.

Though I should probably use my next paycheck to contribute more to the home finances, since I've been neglecting that a bit (what with the OSAP and all).

One of these days I'll be able to get myself a laptop thing so I can write at work... or at least, somewhere that isn't just right in front of this screen, in the living room all the time.

I've been pretty sucky about going to the gym lately, but I don't feel quite so bad now that I've made that 'it's hot!' realization. That tends to sap abilities, like some sort of parasite.

Can you believe they've yet to use Parasite as a villain in a Superman movie? The new one they've got coming out, I heard it stars Zod.

Don't get me wrong, I love Zod, but mostly due to the memetic nature of the original movie Zod's performance. I wonder if he's been cast yet. I guess I could use the internet for finding that out... but the amazing thing is, given enough time, the internet- with that information- will seek ME out! It's true!

I need to do laundry something fierce this evening. And this is my last day off work before, uh, work. It hasn't really felt like 5 days off, but it never does.

I wonder if the 19 year old kid I rushedly trained in 6 hours did okay this whole time. Maybe the building got burned down and nobody has decided to tell me yet.

I'd believe that- these guys are BAD about keeping me in the loop. Well, they've probably got other priorities if the building burned down, but that was just an example.

Okay, well, you probably want to get going, so let me come up with a title, and then I'll press publish post.

Ulp, gotta be careful not to reveal these "magician's secrets".

No comments:

Post a Comment