Saturday, July 23, 2011

Gasless cars, novelless nights, and brutal shut out at the Zellers

Got the car to drive to work, got to KEEP the car, got to drive home in the morning.

And what a beautiful morning! With the collection of solid clouds and tentative brush strokes of clouds, the sky looked like a giant frozen pond with a bright light being shone through it. It was cool.

That sun did make for some rough, hand-held-over-face driving though.

I actually had a fun time at work (relatively speaking) this one woman's car broke down in pretty much the worst possible location (at least it wasn't the intersection itself) and I almost killed an hour chilling with her, waiting for her husband to come save the day.

Except he never came! A CAA guy just happened to drive by, couldn't miss the golden chance at some dough, and gave the car the once over.

It was funny how much trouble he had with the thing- he asked how to operate the door handle just before figuring it out for himself. He had to figure out and search for the button that opened the gas... uh, gas hole? There's no way that's what that thing is called. The... tube that goes to the gas tank.

Anyways, it was a nice car, everything was futuristic and push buttonable. Push a button for drive, for neutral, for reverse, you get the idea. But it had one glaring flaw:

The driver didn't realize she's run out of gas.

That was the only problem with the thing, outta gas. And it took way too long for her to figure out on her own that that was probably the problem.

That's... kinda dumb. But she was a sweet old thing, you can't really get upset with her. Though it did undermine her assertion that I need to get back to school... however she gets by, it's not via schooling.

That's terrible, she really was very nice.

And later I stopped to chat with a couple of cool dudes that live in the townhouses, it was a pretty chill, fun time. Hopefully I'll remember their names next time I see them.

Plus- I had the Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday Toronto Sun to read. I liked reading about the planned Jarvis street mass biking protest about the decision to remove the bike lanes, and then in the next days paper seeing the actual photo of the event taking place. Low rent time travel is STILL time travel. Excellent.

Looking ahead to this blogness I tore out this clipping to mention now:

STORE CLERK SAYS NO TO THIEF IN SKULL MASK

'Wearing sunglasses and a skull mask, a man entered Zellers around noon Tuesday, police said. He placed a note on the pharmacy counter.

(here's the awesome part) A clerk told him, "This isn't going to happen(.)"... The man left with the note, without saying a word.'

I can picture that being played out either by Clint Eastwood or Bruce Campbell as the store clerk. Both those scenarios are great.

So that was my shift pretty much- I didn't even read one page of my book! I guess I'll finish the thing tonight then.

I'm pretty pleased with this post, so it's bed time. I'll see you again Monday morning I guess, I'll do the talking, you do the paying attention thing.

But don't pay so close attention that you see spelling mistakes (rare) or grammatical errors (less rare, though often part of my style of speech... but when they aren't then they totally suck. You know what? Attribute all grammatical errors in the future to stylized writing. There, cut you off at the pass.).

No comments:

Post a Comment