Thursday, January 31, 2013

What WOULDA been...

So I would have written that Beat to Quarters post this morning before heading out to work, whereupon finishing and arriving at home I'd have sat down to finally read through "The Rime of the Ancient Mariner" and subsequently made a post on it (I think, in thematically obvious ways, that it would be a fine companion piece to Beat to Quarters), but what actually happened was that I had another rough time getting to sleep last night, laying there for hours before finally winking out, to ultimately wake up exhausted and a little sick feeling, and late for work, and not wanting to go at all.

I called in to say I wouldn't be coming in, which would have been perfect. Sleep until I'm back in fighting shape (that's a thing), write that Beat to Quarters post, maybe hit the gym when I'm feeling up to it, come home, read The Rime, do a final post for the month. Easy peasy. But that I finished my phone call with a "... unless you need me."

They, uh, they needed me. A lot of people didn't come down today, big shocker on that one, yesterday was 12 degrees, today was -5.

So I got up tired, no morning post, no milk in the fridge for my bowl of cereal that I naturally had already poured out, counting on the certainty of a milk-in-fridge-universe. No time to make my usual rice lunch, just the fibre bar for later.

On the plus side, the new shoes worked out fine. No slipping today. We'll see how that holds up when there's more of a resurgence of slush. It's just possible my feet were given a break.

Got home, rested up vis a vis eating leftover pasta which I proceeded to drench in alfredo sauce, and finally having my cereal after picking up milk (though someone else also got milk during the course of the day. Our fridge is now over-compensating.) Watched some Kamen Rider. Still have 5 episodes to watch until this season is done, so no post on that, but it's close.

Then I NEEDED a nap. Otherwise I'd have hated the burden of my blog forever. I was cutting things close, nap at 9pm, set the alarm for 10pm (dude, alarm clock, don't fail me now!) snoozed for 15 minutes or so, I forget how long exactly, but I did expect that. From that point on, I left the alarm on, that horrible, grating, cursed thing, to keep me on task. Since I've been up I've had to reach over to that snooze button every little bit to keep the lions roar at bay. This has been the case through my Beat to Quarters (uuugh it just went off again) post until now. Must be aware of the time.

The time is now 11:41pm. That's fine, in fact, as far as 11th hour 11th posts go, this is probably better than a lot of them I've had. In fact, despite my especially late start this month, I seemed to make my quota with relative ease this time around. See you next month!

No comments:

Post a Comment