Friday, November 30, 2012

The take away here is that caffeine is a stimulant.

Travelling back a ways, I discovered that two completely unrelated people that I'm friends with- unrelated in that they are part of two distinct social circles- actually happen to know each other by virtue of it being a small world after all.

Or rather they work at the same cafe. So the real coincidence is that they both know me, I guess.

It would have been an easy enough circumstance to pass by entirely. "I'm going to my friend such and such's party." "Oh, what a coincidence, my friend that I work with also happens to be going to a party for a such and such."

"Wait, what's your friends name?"... "We're going to the same party! And we already know each other!"

Obviously this was exciting news... because we clearly need to get out more.

I decided against the winking/tongue sticking out emoticon just now. Good decision?

Due to this cross over of the century (fortunately, DC already crossed over with Marvel in the last century, so we're on safe hyperbolic ground) I made the trip out to visit their place of work last Saturday, the 24th. I had to head out anyways, since it was my dad's birthday and I had to pick up baking supplies as well as a gift (I opted for season 5 of the Simpsons. The Simpsons was a given, since there was an old school Simpsons reference that completely flew over the guy's head on my facebook page, and when I asked two people which season I should get they both immediately said, and without consulting each other, season 5. Seemed a safe bet.), so things worked out in that regard.

The place is called The Red Rocket Cafe, uh, or something like that, and it's really quite charming. By the entrance there are framed comic pages, Donald Duck being the prominent star in my mind. Several newspapers hung about the table by the fireplace (I think it was a fireplace... it wasn't lit up in any event), and I was happy to read the opinion sections while waiting for an audience with the captive employees I'd come to visit.

I also got a a pumpkin latte... or maybe it was an espresso... is pumpkin latte espresso an option? If so, that's what I got. Additionally, I got a pumpkin spice cake loaf thing. I wasn't too crazy about either thing, nothing against the food at this establishment, I'm just not too into "spice" cake, and I don't really do hot beverages OR caffeine, so that was a two-fer.

It did help keep me going for the rest of the day, so I appreciate that.

No comments:

Post a Comment