Tuesday, June 19, 2012

What I'm trying to say is, Signs sucks

I'm in the process of watching the movie "Signs"- you know the Mel Gibson/Shamalamala movie? (There's no way I'm taking the time to look up the spelling of that guys name... okay, fine, if the credits are going to shove it in my face that way: "Shyamalan"). It's kinda sucky, hopefully I'd still think that even if my mind hadn't been poisoned by the Nostalgia Critics scathing review. It's not like I was in any great shakes to see this thing, it just so happens to be one of the movies I got loaned. There is a hugely redeeming factor to this movie though: little baby Abigail Breslin is so cute! Ridiculously cute.

This movie should have been 40 minutes tops. And I'd be embarassed if I'd written this dialogue.

I could totally write something this completely lacking in conflict, but I don't think even I could write this dialogue.

Actually, cut a bit differently I bet this'd be a good comedy.

We've just past the anniversary of mom's dying. I didn't head over to the cemetary with the others, I didn't want to wallow in this date. I'd rather not have an official time every year that's just designated "sad". Besides, not a day goes by that I don't think of her, so I'm hardly heartless. I was hoping I'd be working during this period, avoid things that way. But I was free. I filled my time with new friends, a comedy show, a birthday party, a trivia night, it was a full weekend, I had a good time. I did need to mention something here though, if not here, then where?

No comments:

Post a Comment