Friday, June 29, 2012

The Friday Before Last

Ah, I needed that. Air conditioning and Psych.

I was getting really on edge today. My plans for tomorrow (now today) have maybe fallen through, and I got reminded of something I was supposed to do a long time ago, so that makes me feel crummy (it's the kind of thing where you just WANT to avoid responsibility for, but know that you'd like yourself even less for doing so. Consequences for my actions are forthcoming I'm sure.). Before I get to really complaining about work stuff, let's switch it up a bit.

Two weeks ago, on a Friday very much like this one, I went to the Comedy Bar at a friends invitation to go support his comedy troop. True, true, it's less "Hey, Isaac, let's hang!" and more "We need people who will unconditionally vote for us!" But whatever. In case you haven't learned, if I'm invited out, I really do my best to make it out. Because beggars can't be choosers.

I should interject at this point that I'd read in the A.V. Club paper that a friend of mine was performing that evening, and so before I got the mass text inviting me to the Comedy Bar, and before I'd decided to just be at home and chill out, I was considering going to that concert. Okay, that's almost all the info you need.

I got there slightly late, but had only missed some of the first sketch groups performance (they ended with a send up of Moby Dick which I really dug). I was forced to stand at the very back, where there was still a bit of competition for prime wall space. So, since I got decent wall space, I... won?

The second team was my friends troop maybe (like it matters if I'm remembering it right- this is why there's no such thing as non-fiction!) and who should I see in it, but the guy that I fully expected to be out preparing for a concert somewhere else, again, as advertised in the A.V. Club paper.

I asked about it afterwards, and the answer to the mystery is that this guy has just that many hats. He disappeared after their performance to go join up with his band. Man, that guy is talented and super cool and funny. Pretty hipstery though so I don't know... I guess it balances out.

Afterwards I got to ditch out with the guy that textvited me, inadvertently ditching a later show that had my pals in the troop "Jape" perform. I sure felt bad about that when I left them in want of friend votes!

So my buddy, his two friends from work go to this terrible place, the name of which I currently forget, but the service was the worst. We had a ball. I mostly chatted with the lone gal of the group, who's into roller-dirby, which is pretty cool I think.

Once again, I've come up on numbers of posts completed that I said I'd complete in a night. Both times I've mostly just typed them out on the bus ride home. It's apparently way easier to type on the bus ride home. And here's my bus stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment