Sunday, January 22, 2012

Ah my knee... is the laptop okay?

I keep not getting a chance to update, my working weekend has been an especially stressful one- all the more unfortunate because I wanted to talk about the amazing two days off I had wednesday and thursday but now those days are slightly off my mind.

Hopefully I'll get to them soon- well I'd better! The month is almost over and I'm way behind!

I will say this about Friday now: I finally picked up my own laptop. I got hit with some relatively bad financial news the day or two before, and I was considering putting the purchase off some more, but I always do that. At the rate I was going, it was never going to happen. And that can't happen.

So I walk through the little parkway mall a few hours before work with my brother: "okay, keep your eyes clear for some place to get a computer."

Then I look beside us and see a sign for "Computer Store" (read the quotes in a Homer Simpson voice).

Yeah, that'll work.

And would you believe that I'm walking to work with my new laptop, my usual bag for work stuff, and my backpack- I'm loaded up/down- and I slip and fall in the snow! You know how long it's been since I've full on fallen? No, I'm seriously asking, because I'm not sure myself. THAT'S HOW LONG IT'S BEEN.

My protective instincts kicked in, I held the laptop way above ground, it didn't get damaged (super *WHEW*) but I've got a little bump on my knee and an abraision on my left uh, that fleshy bit of muscle that controls my thumb. It's not quite my palm, that's too general a term for the whole under hand area.

So, it seems, my anatomy knowledge is limited. You still get where I'm talking about.

It's actually cool, because I never get bruises; either because I'm such a careful delicate flower, or because I'm a really tough flower.

Also, having something a little wrong makes my more nebulous hypocondriac-al knee and whatever pains go away. So I actually feel BETTER after the fall.

I mean, unless you touch riiight there. (I mean the knee, man.)

And that's all the time I have. Will be disciplined and write tomorrow, see you then.

No comments:

Post a Comment