Saturday, December 31, 2011

Presents happened

Okay, with two to go, let’s write something then arbitrarily chop it in half. Is it cheap? You bet it is! Ugh I want to go back to bed. Stupid New Years plans.

I figured the first easiest thing to go on about is, you know, what I got for Christmas. ‘Cause it’s all about the loot, right?

Well, for starters my favourite thing is the collected hard cover reprint of the original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles comic. I got that from Jimmy and Cool Geoff (oh sure, I’ll use peoples names when I’m talking about good stuff they did, but if I’m complaining I’ll be as generic as possible. For shame.) I pretty much new what it was going in- when I did some Christmas shopping at “The World’s Biggest Bookstore” I couldn’t help but lovingly look at the book, getting a feel for its heft and the groove along the spine… well, wrapped or not, I’d familiarized myself with the feel of the book. Still, I didn’t want to get too excited- what if I was wrong? But, yeah, there it was. What a good couple of dudes to get that for me. Did I say good? I meant amazing.

Then from my two youngest brothers, they pooled their resources and got Jordan and myself a 3DS each. It’s an awful lot of money to spend on a gift, so naturally I was a little conflicted about it, but the technology involved in that little hand held device really is remarkable. You know it has this feature where you place a card on a flat surface, the camera recognizes the card, and you see on the screen the surface and the card… plus a crazy 3D dragon! I was totally blown away by that. With technology like that there is officially no reason left for CGI in movies to suck.

Speaking of the 3DS, Cool Geoff actually got me ANOTHER gift (what a generous guy!) a DS game called “Ghost Trick”. It’s sort of a puzzle/mystery game you play as this dead guy’s ghost. Also there’s some time travel. That sure is a lot of cool stuff involved!

I got a box containing a cool new sweater, jeans and socks. Actually, the box is really cool too, but that’s coming from a guy unused to presents inside impressive boxes. Yes I’m lame. I imagine my dad looked at the tag on my jeans to get the size while I was at work… plenty of opportunity to do that. I was planning on buying some new jeans, but maybe going a size up. Well, too late for that! Sure hope people like me in hipster lookin’ skinny jeans. Ah, they’re not actually “hipster lookin’” but they are mighty tight. Hopefully they just need some wearing to get them to loosen up some. I wore the new clothes to that Christmas party of last Wednesday, an act that’s gotten to be my annual unveiling of my Christmas gear. I was told the pants looked good, so there you go.

Jordan got me a collection of Spider-Man and the Fantastic Four tales that look to have been drawn by the late great Mike Wieringo. Wow I hope I spelled his name right.

Jason got me a Sonic comic/magazine hybrid bit, as well as a Return of the Jedi poster. What a sweet guy!

No comments:

Post a Comment