Saturday, December 17, 2011

Dreadfully behind

Yeah, I'm feeling really behind on entries this month. Should have posted yesterday, but instead I travelled to pick up a Christmas present for my brother Simon (by his own criteria, I got him a brand new video game. Nothing pre-owned. Unfortunately, it wasn't quite as expected as he'd like, so, well, it's clear I don't love him that much. What can you do?)

So aside from my more materialistic brothers, everyone else I have... yet to shop for. I'm planning on getting people cool books. I like books. What's wrong with books?

Do you remember my one tradition of picking up a toy for toy mountain or whatever? Well, this year I was getting groceries at Wal-Mart and went "wait. I have money now. It's early yet in December. There are more options as far as action figures go at this point. Why not get that toy to donate NOW?"

So I did. I picked up the basic Hal Jordan Green Lantern figure from the movie. It comes with a ring for the kid to wear, which, as far as encouraging imagination, I thought put this option over the Spidey figure.

That said, I hope I'm not ruining some kids potential comic reading career by starting him off with a toy based off that crummy Green Lantern movie. Too bad the toy/ring aren't brighter either. It's like if Tim Burton made Green Lantern. Except it's not anything like that at all really.

Okay, that's going to have to be all for now, I have plans tonight and I haven't actually been to sleep yet this evening (it's almost noon now... whoops)

No comments:

Post a Comment