Friday, September 30, 2011

A couple of colours in this one.

Really lethargic today. Got up at 3 something and had a two hour nap at 8. The time is currently 12:25am.

Who’s that guy that says “the time is currently…” I feel like there’s some radio guy that does that.

I imagine I’m mostly just worried about this brown discolouration at the base of my left hands middle finger. I just noticed it Monday- I’ll set up a doctors appointment tomorrow to get it checked out. Of course if I get any useful advice from my doctor it’ll be the first time. Yeesh. I’ll probably die of skin cancer and the guy’ll tell me to get some bed rest or something.

I’ve got a bunch more library comics to talk about, but I’m actually just about to start work on my weekly reviews, so I’ll hold off on that.

I spent about an hour at the gym today, from 10:45pm-11:45pm. Despite my lack of energy it was the best non running workout I’ve had in a long while. The music system played that “Boys of Summer” song, I’m not sure what it’s called, but I do love to hear it at this time of year. Maybe it’s a little late in the season to be listening to it- nah it’s still appropriate. I’m not entirely sure if it was the rockin’ out awesome version that I like, or the original- but if I’m not sure, then it was probably the new one. Whenever I hear the old one it’s super obvious it’s the old one. It’s the slower pace you see. The song feels more methodical then.

I also heard Pearl Jam’s “Alive” on the radio. I’d like to check out the lyrics sometime, it sounded like it’s about some guy who fails to perform with his girl (possibly because of some survivors guilt?), or else just isn’t excited at all to be with his girl. I don’t know, like I said, I’d like to check out the lyrics sometime.

This is my last post for September, finishing off my first month of blogging without actually having the internet at home. I’m surprised how well I did, a couple weeks back I thought for sure I wasn’t going to be able to meet my quota, but here I am, moonwalking across the finish line. Or whatever you do when you’re about to cross the finish line and are supremely confident about winning or something.

Oh, I beat Catherine last night. The last couple of levels I had a bit of coaching help, but that’s just because I wanted to be done with the whole thing. Other than maybe trying some versus mode, I’m done with that one.

Yesterday I had this dream where I was being pressured to take this drug that made you super smart and fit. I felt bad about it- but I did take a swig of that blue bottle, reminding me now of Alice’s various size changers. This led to me taking some brutal exercise course with, I suppose, whomever developed this system and a bunch of other class mates.

I remember this one old woman, slightly over-weight, who was having trouble breathing, that the instructor stopped to berate for not keeping up because she wasn’t using “all that strength she had to keep herself standing” for the exercise. I thought that was horrible and woke up soon after.

I thought there’d be potential for a story somewhere in that dream, and I guess there still is, but I realized it would just be a slightly modified version of Limitless- which I already thought was an awesome movie/story.

It’s 1am now, I’d better get on those comic reviews. I’ve got seven to do, which isn’t too bad at all.

Oh, yesterday after the rain there was a rainbow- how amazing is a universe that has rainbows? I totally get where double rainbow guy is coming from.

No comments:

Post a Comment